Certified Trauma Support Specialist
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This training is designed to enhance non-clinical care professional’s knowledge and skills to support the healing process for those they care for who struggle because of a history of trauma and adversity.
- This is a discussion of the elements of trauma informed care and supporting materials on the nature of how trauma/adversity can impact life and health throughout the lifespan.
Presenter: Dr. Robert Rhoton Psy D., LPC, D.A.A.E.T.S.
This training is designed to enhance non-clinical care professional’s knowledge and skills to support the healing process for those they care for who struggle because of a history of trauma and adversity. Learn the essential information and skills to help trauma survivors recover fully from the events of their past. Those that care will increase their ability to use the three active ingredients that are vital and fundamental to effective recovery and resilience of a trauma history. The three primary ingredients that help survivors heal and upon which this training will focus are:
1. Building and maintaining an excellent helping relationship
2. Helping the survivor to regulate their autonomic nervous system by teaching and coaching skills for acute relaxation
3. Helping educate and restructure the way the survivor perceives themselves and their world.
1. Gain a working understanding of trauma
2. Explain the basic neurobiology of trauma
3. Identify the connection between the threat response system and the chemistry of the body
4. Explain the impact that changes in the body have on behavior, thinking, and emotions
5. Review the Adverse Childhood Experiences data and understand the long-term impact it has on behavior, thinking and emotions
6. Implement techniques and skills that support trauma informed care
This course meets the educational requirements for the Certified Trauma Support Specialist certification available through the Trauma Institute International.
Who should attend: Case managers, Case workers, Foster parents, Parents, Teachers, Nurses, Daycare workers, Social workers.
This course is not available for NBCC credit.
- Case managers, Case workers, Foster parents, Parents, Teachers, Nurses, Daycare workers, Social workers