Certified Penetration Testing Consultant CPTC
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Become part of a skilled team of penetration testers
- Learn the network exploitation process
- Understand different techniques of conducting penetration tests
- Conduct penetration tests on web applications
- Understand loopholes in Windows and Linux based systems
- Protect the infrastructure against identified loopholes
- Learn about writing and documenting the penetration tests reports
- The course is an advanced level course covering more complex tools and techniques for conducting penetration tests against a network. Hence, the students are required to have complete understanding of the pre-requisite course CPTE.
- In addition to this, the candidates are also supposed to have a minimum of two years of practical experience in networking technologies including TCP/IP, routing protocols and access control lists.
The Certified Penetration Testing Consultant (CPTC) course teaches the IT security professionals and IT network administrators about the penetration tests to check the security of large and complex network infrastructures. The course is based on the real world scenarios similar to large corporate networks, services provider networks and telecommunication networks. The course focuses on the attacks on the underlying network infrastructure and protocol loopholes rather than the L4-L7 attacks.
The CPTC training course starts from basic techniques such as packet capturing and continues to the more sophisticated and advanced techniques of conducting a penetration test on any kind of network infrastructure. The course includes practice labs as well to provide hands-on experience to the students and apply the learnt knowledge to real-world scenarios. The course is an essential part of the preparation for CPTC certification by Mile2.
The Certified Penetration Testing Consultant exam consists of two parts. Part 1 is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2 account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Part 2 is a multi-hour practical exam in which students are expected to penetrate between 3 - 5 targets (2 buffer overflows (ASLR and DEP enabled for one), 1 Linux local exploit + priv esc and 1 web exploit) and then create and provide a detailed penetration testing report to mile2.
- IT and network security officers
- Network and cloud administrators
- Penetration testers
- Ethical hackers
- Network security auditors