Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Individual (CCTS-I)
- 17 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The focus is to increase understanding of individuals through the trauma/adversity history lens. Motivation and meaning of behaviors will be explored and defined as an attempt to decrease feelings of distress. Trauma-informed care is an established practice that can dramatically improve the outcomes for individuals, children, and families.
- This is a discussion of the elements of trauma informed care and supporting materials on the nature of how trauma/adversity can impact life and health throughout the lifespan.
Presenter: Dr. J. Eric Gentry, LMHC
The Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Individual (CCTS-I) presented by Dr. J. Eric Gentry, LMHC is a 17 hour training designed to give the participant a working knowledge of how to engage in the process of trauma treatment. Focusing not only on interventions, but how to sequence the interventions to maximize outcomes.
This training is designed to improve the quality of treatment for those that have experienced trauma. There will be a focus on the active ingredients – the things that are common factors that help all treatment work become better and work more efficiently.
Objectives of the CCTS-I Training:
Compare and contrast evidence-based-interventions, common factors, and emerging trends for effective treatment of traumatic stress
Identify the common factors for healing traumatic stress
Comprehend the importance of therapeutic relationship and positive expectancy (relational factors) for positive outcomes in treatment
Articulate the role of reciprocal inhibition, relaxation, self-regulation, exposure and narrative in the treatment of traumatic stress
Understand concept and procedure for enhancing therapeutic relationship as method for increasing positive outcomes
Appreciate the potential deleterious personal effects associated with treating traumatic stress
This course meets the educational requirement for the Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Individual (CCTSI) when applying to the Trauma Institute International (TII). For eligibility, please visit the TII website for details.
- Mental health, counselors, teachers, probation, courts, child-protective agencies, clergy