Certification in the Foundations of Ayurveda - Level 1
What you'll learn
- The foundations of Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India. Students will receive a certificate for Level 1 upon completion.
- An interest in natural medicine and well-being.
Welcome to the Foundations of Ayurveda. This is a certified course, you will receive a certificate upon completion and this course qualifies for Continuing Education hours for Yoga Alliance teachers (3 hours YACEP). Accompanying the video lectures is a manual that you can use a reference and resource during the lectures, on your own time, and in the future.
Subjects covered in this course:
- The meaning and origins of Ayurveda
- The Chakras and how they manifest in both the physical and astral bodies.
- How we balance our mental and physical state through diet, herbs, breath, and meditation
- Nature versus imbalance (Prakruti vs. Vikruti)
- The 5 elements
- The Doshas (individual constitution)
- Determining your Dosha
- The Dhatus (body tissues)
- The Gunas (qualities/characteristics)
- Pranayama (breathing exercises
- Dinacharya (daily schedule for optimum health)
- The Doshas throughout a lifetime and in the seasons
- Like attracts like and how to balance with opposing energies
- Agni (the digestive fire and why it is crucial to good health)
- Ama (toxins and the importance of proper digestion)
- Malas (the metabolic waste products)
- Prana (universal energy), Tejas (metabolism), Ojas (the immune system)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is ready to learn more of a holistic approach to lifestyle and want to share the knowledge with others.
Gillian Grant is an American Yoga (500 E-RYT), Naturopath, Ayurvedic Therapist, and Ballet Barre Teacher living in Paris for over a decade.
Yoga became a major part of her life after giving birth to her son over 14 years ago. Her practice has helped to maintain balance in her personal and professional life. Teaching for Gillian is a way to help others also find balance in the often hectic urban environment.
As a student and practitioner of Ayurvedic medicine, Gillian finds joy in working with homeopathy that is complementary to modern treatments. As a Reiki master, she has practiced the healing arts through touch and redirection of energy in the body.
Gillian completed her first Yoga training (200 RYT) at the Sivananda Ashram in Orleans, France. The Sivananda style is very traditional Hatha with a major focus of meditation and spirituality. She completed her Kundalini Yoga training with 3HO, the association formed by the Guru Yogi Bhajan to bring the practice of Kundalini to the West. Gillian's advanced training (300 RYT) was at the Association for Yoga and Meditation in Rishikesh, India.
Her yoga specializations include: Hatha Flow, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Power Yoga and Kundalini. She is also certified in Yoga Therapy and Ayurvedic therapy & massage.
In 2015, Gillian completed her Ballet Barre training with Barre Concept and world- renowned teacher Emma Newman.
Gillian is currently studying the teaching of Higher Education at Harvard University to bring more academic focus into the world of Yoga and is developing a method based in Polyvagal Theory.