Bulk & Sheet Forming Processes for Manufacturing Engineers
What you'll learn
- To become familiar with some of the basic metal forming processes like extrusion, rolling, forging, wire drawing and sheet metal working
- Understand the fundamental concepts of different metal forming processes their engineering applications and limitations.
- Apply their knowledge to select suitable process, variables, tooling and machines/equipment to make the products from various metal forming processes.
- Determine the forces and power requirement in different metal forming processes.
- Investigate defects appeared in the products manufactured by various metal forming processes and determine their causes and remedies.
- Identification of metal forming parameters such as friction, temperature, the resistance of the material etc, necessary for defect free products.
- Analyze the interrelationships between various factors that influence the quality of manufactured products.
- The only requirement for this course is your interest to learn the manufacturing process.
"Bulk & Sheet Forming Processes for Manufacturing Engineers" is a comprehensive 7-hour course designed to provide a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles and techniques involved in designing and producing metal products through bulk and sheet forming processes. This course is ideal for engineering students who are struggling with the basic concepts of metal product manufacturing and are looking for a comprehensive and effective solution to overcome their challenges. The course is taught by a Ph.D. professor with extensive knowledge and experience in the field, ensuring that students receive accurate and up-to-date information that is essential for success in the metal manufacturing industry.
The metal manufacturing industry is constantly evolving and highly competitive, making it essential for engineers to stay ahead of the curve. With this course, engineering students will have the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed as manufacturing engineers in this industry. The course covers a wide range of topics, including the fundamental principles of bulk and sheet-forming processes, design considerations, and cost-effectiveness. This hands-on learning experience provides students with practical knowledge and skills that they can immediately apply in the real world.
This is a unique opportunity for engineering students to improve their skills and knowledge in a crucial area of metal product manufacturing. With the comprehensive information and hands-on learning experience provided in this course, students will be well-equipped to tackle the challenges of the metal manufacturing industry and achieve success in their careers. Don't miss this opportunity to take your skills and knowledge to the next level and enroll in "Bulk & Sheet Forming Processes for Manufacturing Engineers" today!
Introduction to the Fundamentals of Metal Forming Processes
Fundamentals of metal forming
Types of deformation processes of metal
Bulk deformation (Rolling, Forging, Extrusion, Wire Drawing)
Sheet metal working
Derivation of the relation between stress and strain
Flow stress and Average flow stress
The temperature in metal forming (Cold working and Hot-working)
Iso thermal forming (recovery and Grain growth)
Strain rate Sensitivity
BULK FORMING PROCESSES
Introduction of rolling
Shapes used for rolling
Types of rolling
Working on the rolling process
Analysis of the rolling
No-Slip Point for rolling
Flatness control and rolling defect
Numerical Problems related to the rolling process
Introduction to forging
Classification of forging
Types of forging
Analysis of the forging
Barreling effect in forging
Open Die forging and its practices
Impression Die forging and its practices
Advantages and Limitations of Impression Die forging
Forging Press and Forging Hammers
Numerical Problems related to the forging process
Introduction to the extrusion process
Classification of extrusion
Direct and Indirect extrusion
Hot and Cold extrusion
Direct and Continuous extrusion
Analysis of the extrusion process
Effect of friction on extrusion
Extrusion Dies and Orifice
Extrusion press and other extrusion processes
Numerical Problems related to the extrusion process
Introduction to Drawing
Difference between drawing and wire drawing
Features of Draw Die
Preparation of the work
Analysis of the drawing process
SHEET METAL FORMING PROCESSES
Sheet metal Cutting
Introduction to sheet metal cutting process
Characteristics of Edges
Types of sheet metal cutting
Blanking and Punching
Clearance in Sheet metal cutting
Analysis of sheet metal cutting processes
Numerical Problems related to the sheet metal cutting process
Sheet Metal Bending
Introduction of sheet metal bending process
Types of sheet metal bending
Analysis of the sheet metal bending process
Numerical Problems related to the sheet metal bending process
Sheet Metal Drawing
Introduction to the drawing process
Mechanics of drawing
Stages of deformation
Analysis of the drawing process
Tests of Drawing Feasibility
Blank force and blank size determination
Numerical Problems related to the drawing process
Redrawing, Reverse Drawing and Drawing without Blank holder
Other drawing processes (Redrawing, Reverse Drawing and Drawing without Blank holder)
Defects in Drawing
The operation performed with metal tooling
Coining & Embossing
Lancing & Twisting
The operation performed with flexible Rubber tooling
Guerin and Hydroforming process
Numerical Problems related to the other drawing processes
Who this course is for:
- All concepts are introduced slowly and gradually, but comfort with thinking analytically will be helpful.
- Engineers in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Electrical and other related fields looking for a way out of traditional processes for their projects and products.
- Engineering students and professionals who want to level up their skills.
- Anyone starting their career in the manufacturing and production world.
OZIS Academy is the platform for struggling university or high school students and professionals who want to improve their skills in the work field as we provide quality and detailed courses. We offer courses from brilliant Ph.D. Professors from prestigious Universities who are experts in their relative fields. We have a team of well-experienced, full-time faculty and dedicated staff including talented retired and working University professors. Our mission is to impart the most qualitative education by the way of systematic methodical and scientific approaches.