Certificate Program In Management Information Systems
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- • Explain the basics of MIS
- • Describe the eras of MIS development
- • Explain the fundamentals of strategic information systems
- • Describe the value chain and analyse the influence of IT on organisational goals
- • Explain IT-induced reconfiguration
- • Explain the fundamentals of Business Process Re-engineering
- • Explain the basics of Enterprise Business Systems and Enterprise Resource Planning
- • Explain the basics of Customer Relationship Management systems
- • Explain the basics of Supply Chain Management systems
- • Describe virtual or e-organisations
- • Explain the basics of Decision Support Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Online Analytical Processing, open source software and closed source software and Software as a Service
- • Explain Database Management Systems
- • Explain computer networks
- • Explain the basics of planning and development in information systems
- • Describe the evolution of the Information System function
- • Explain the role of a Chief Information Officer
- • Describe the various types of security controls and hazards and disaster recovery methods in MIS
- • Explain ethics and privacy
- There is no specific prerequisite for this course, but a basic knowledge of Information Technology will make the course easier to understand.
Computers have become an integral part of our daily life. The Management Information Systems course explains the benefits of computers to organisations, how the work of an organisation is affected by computers and how you can deploy and manage them to support your organisation’s goals and strategies.
Why Learn MIS?
Computers, in all forms, have become an integral part of our daily life. Some estimates say that by the end of 2015, there will be more Indians carrying smartphones in their pockets than there are Americans doing so! Computers may not appear essential for everyone but today, the lives of each and every person are affected—and often benefited – by their use and deployment. Governments, corporations and other organisations cannot operate efficiently and effectively without them. Some businesses, such as Amazon and Flipkart, run almost entirely on computer systems. In other cases, the use of computers by organisations, such as banks, ensure better services to customers.
The Management Information Systems course will help you understand the benefits of computers to organisations and, more importantly, how to deploy and manage them to support an organisation’s goals and strategies. No matter which function of an organisation you work in—finance, marketing, human resources or production—you will need to understand how your work is affected by and how you may effectively deploy computer systems.
You are expected to spend the following effort in completing this course:
Activity Time Spent (hrs.)
Read Learner Handbook 1
Watch videos for all modules 20
Self-Assessment Exercises 5
This course provided you an overview of the field of MIS. To gain further competency as an MIS professional you would need to gain an understanding of one or more of the following areas:
Information Systems Project Management
Systems Development Methodologies
Network and Systems Administration
Systems Architecting and Design
User Experience Design
Web Applications Deployment
Mobile Applications Deployment
MIS is a rapidly and constantly changing field. To remain employable and competitive, you need to be frequently taking courses and equipping yourself on the latest developments in technologies, methods and strategies.
All learners upon successful completion of Post course assessments shall be getting a verifiable e-certificate from Manipal Global Education which will be globally valid.
Who this course is for:
- Students of IT
- People who want to learn about MIS
Manipal Global Education Services is a leading international provider of high-quality higher education services. These include:
- A wide range of services for educational institutions in India
- Vocational training across a number of sectors
- Technology-driven services in areas such as testing and education delivery.
Headquartered in Bangalore, India, Manipal Global also owns and operates university campuses in Malaysia, Antigua, Dubai and Nepal. It currently services and supports over 300,000 students, many of them through its award-winning technology platform, EduNxt™.
Manipal Global believes industry relevance is the key to career-focused education in India and Worldwide.
Other strategic investments include MeritTrac, India´s leading testing & assessment company, and iRize, a unique employment exchange initiative in partnership with educational institutions, local partners and the government.
The Manipal Global mantra – Achieve, Enable and Transform – builds on this legacy and expertise.
Manipal Global creates a future for every life it touches. A future that inspires achievements, enables ambitions, and transforms lives, worldwide.