Certificate in Mental Health
What you'll learn
- Define common terms used in mental health
- Understand the causes of mental illness and consequences
- Understand signs and symptoms of mental ill health and their consequences
- Understand the link between mental health (and or illness) and HIV/AIDS
- Understand how to manage mental illnesses
- Know the principles to use when dealing with mental illnesess
- Understand the phases of treatment and common drugs used
- Define community home based care and understand it advantages
- Know the myths and misconceptions of mental health
- Understand the minor and major mental health illness e,g schizophrenia, mania, depression, phobia etc
- Understand the link between Mental health and poverty, culture and gender
- For all levels. No experience in medical field required, Secondary school certificate, able to read and write in English.
The course offers an extensive knowledge and trains students in Mental Health Illnesses and how to manage them. This course will equip students be effective trained Mental health Practitioners with adequate knowledge and skills to work in any settings when mental health is of concern. Additionally, students will enhance self-awareness and reflective abilities that are highly valued in a range of organizations and personal life situations. The course will equip the students to be able to make a difference in people's lives with a positive relationship.
In this course you will learn the following topics:
Causes of mental ill health and its consequences
Symptoms of minor and major mental ill health
Linkage of HIV/AIDS and mental health and its management
Management of various mental health disorders
Phases of treatment and common drugs used
Understand community home based care and its advantages
Understand rehabilitation methods
Learn about disorders such as depression, panic, phobia, anxiety, schizophrenia and mania
Knowing the link between mental health and poverty, culture and gender
What to do next after this course completion
This course is for all levels w and does not require prior experience. However, students should be able to understand English, be able to read and write in English, have good network connection for effective learning with either a phone, tablet or laptop.
Who this course is for:
- All levels as long as you are interested in Mental Health issues
The Billiard Training Academy was founded in 2022 to provide quality online education to learners worldwide. Our academy leverages technology to make learning accessible and affordable, providing learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to poverty reduction.
By offering online education, the Academy eliminates the need for learners to travel, particularly benefiting those who are employed full time and those with financial challenges. Learners can conveniently log into the system and access the course materials, fostering flexibility and accessibility in their educational journey.
With the Academy's vision to be a leading online learning institution that provides affordable yet high quality education to the masses, its mission aligns closely with Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education.