Certificate Course in Capsule Manufacturing
What you'll learn
- To make a learner of this course aware about the Pharmaceutical Capsules and its Types
- To make the learner of this course aware about Equipment used in Capsule Manufacturing
- To make the learner aware of this course about the IPQC and QC in Capsule Manufacturing
- To learn all basic concepts in Capsule Manufacturing
- Diploma in Pharmacy, Bachelors in Pharmacy and Science Graduates
· Hard gelatin capsules are solid dosage forms in which one or more drug substance and/or inert materials are enclosed within a small shell. They are composed largely of gelatin and consist of two parts: the body designed to contain the drug and the diluent, and the cap that is approximately half as long as the body. Most capsule products manufactured today are of the hard gelatin type. It is estimated that the utilization of hard gelatin capsules to prepare solid dosage forms exceeds that of soft gelatin capsules by about 10-fold.
· Hard gelatin capsules are fabricated and supplied empty to the pharmaceutical industry by shell suppliers and are then filled in a separate operation. Manufacturing gelatin capsules involves a step by step process that requires strict quality control but before we delve into that let’s take a look at the raw materials used in the manufacture of hard gelatin capsules.
· The hard gelatin Capsule Manufacturing process contains 7-steps.
· Soft gelatin capsules have gained popularity in the pharmaceutical industry for human and veterinary use due to the many advantages it possesses over other commonly used solid dosage forms such as tablets, hard gelatin capsules etc. The bioavailability of hydrophobic drugs can be significantly increased when formulated into soft gelatin capsules.
· Many problems associated with tableting, including poor compaction and lack of content or weight uniformity, can be eliminated when a drug is incorporated into a soft gelatin capsule. Also, improved stability of drugs that are highly susceptible to oxidation can be achieved with soft gelatin capsule.
· These are manufactured by basic 5 processes.
· The learner shall be aware about the various process of Manufacture of Hard and Soft Gelatin Capsules and the equipment used.
The course shall be useful for the diplomate, graduate, postgraduate pharmacy and science job aspirants to enrich the knowledge required for the industrial capsule production process and their placements.
Who this course is for:
- All Levels
Ateos Foundation of Science Education and Research (AFSER) is a Non Profit Organization and AFSER has all the statutory and mandatory approvals from Govt. of India. AFSER has a moto to train the youth in India for skilled India movement and for philanthropic education worldwide . Further the Ateos Foundation is being led by dynamic and visionary leaders with vast experience in Education.