CentOS / RHEL Server Setup and Administration Essentials
What you'll learn
- Install and run CentOS Linux OS on any computer or server
- Configure LAMP (Linux + Apache/Nginx + MySQL/MariaDB + PHP) software bundle to host one or multiple websites or web services
- Set up Oracle VirtualBox to create your own VDS host server
- The course assumes some knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems such as files, directories, and disk partitions.
- Experience in linux command line will be a plus, but is not necessary
- You will need a one of these: a dedicated computer for your future server, a VPS or none of these as I will show you how to rent a virtual server for $5/month or even get it for free!
Updated August, 2017
Join the community of like-minded IT-enthusiasts to learn the basic concepts and tools that you will need to build fully functional CentOS 7 / RHEL 7 Linux based web server.
Here's what our students say:
The instructor is very knowledgeable and well organized with the lessons building on each other. Commands and tasks that I need to do while learning are clearly identified and discussed. Overall, this is a great course.
The commands are prepared in txt file. The Instructor go though step by step and he explained some other options in case there are errors in the given command.
--Montaner M. U.
+ more 5-star reviews.
Build practical skills in CentOS Linux installation and web server setup with this tutorial for beginners.
Although we make all the tutorials and demonstrations on CentOS operating system, note that CentOS explicitly aims for complete binary compatibility with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). The only real difference is that CentOS has the branding-related packages from RHEL replaced with recompiled versions from the sources provided by Red Hat.
So learning CentOS is 99% the same as learning Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
In this course you will learn about:
- Physical dedicated server set up
- DigitalOcean and Amazon Web Services virtual private server set up
- CentOS 7 Linux operating system installation
- Apache / Nginx web server, MariaDB database and PHP installation
- Oracle VirtualBox installation to create your own VDS host server
- Configure FTP sever, firewall (with firewalld) and backups with Rsync
- And much more tweaks in the upcoming monthly updates, including but no limited to tuning the web server for low RAM systems, applying security tweaks to your server to make it less vulnerable to external attacks etc.
Powerful Tools at Your Fingertips
Learning Linux server setup essentials puts a very powerful and useful tools at your disposal. After finishing this course, you will be able to organize your personal web hosting and any other web-based service out there, from e-mail to file sharing service.
Save money, take total control over your data and have fun!
Content and Overview
Suitable for beginning system administrators with zero experience in Linux administration. Through this course, you'll learn all of the fundamentals of web server administration, and gain experience in setting up Linux server OS and LAMP stack. Each chapter is packed with step-by-step guides and the exact Linux commands which will put your new learned skills into practical use immediately.
You will start with choosing the right platform for your server. Then you will install CentOS Linux to the server and set up the LAMP stack. After that, you will configure multiple Apache virtual hosts or Nginx server blocks, create your first MariaDB user and database, and finally, you will install WordPress to your new server. We will also go through basic security tweaks for your server.
Students completing the course will have the knowledge and skills to set up and administrate their personal server.
Note, that this course shares some basic theoretical content from my other course "Debian Linux Server Setup Essentials for Webhosting and More", but all the practical lessons were designed for CentOS Linux.
Working through all the lections and command-line commands, you'll be able to instantly put the knowledge into practice, and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee. No Questions Asked!
I hope you will be absolutely satisfied once you got through my course. I do my best to make sure this course meets your need and expectations. But if you're not satisfied with this course for ANY valid reason, contact me within 30 days from your purchase and I will refund in full. No questions asked. You have absolutely nothing to lose.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for computer hobbyist or IT intermediates interested in learning basics about Linux server configuration and administration. And also for Windows administrators who need to configure their first Linux server
- This course is not for those who are more advanced or who have already studied or have experience in Linux administration
My name is Aleksey Grebeshkov (Ph.D.), I'm an entrepreneur and also an author, and independent researcher at the Kyiv National Economic University (Kyiv, Ukraine). My areas of interest include information management, project management, innovation management, information technologies in business and education, and information security.
I'm also CIO at Private Schools Association of Ukraine, co-owner of online education startup InfoSecSchool, and a co-founder of Innovations in Business Education Initiative.
I have also worked on a number of online projects for individuals and small to medium-sized businesses.