What you'll learn
- Understand the differences between plant cells and animal cells
- Understand cell structure and appreciate how it relates to function
- Know the function of a microscope and how to carry out relevant calculations
- Learn how cells divide and the importance of stem cells and cell specialisation
- Understand the different types of transport across the cell membrane
- Easy to follow, animations with narrative, and an optional augmented reality AR mobile app.
In this Cell Biology Course we will explore the often-complicated world of the Cell. The cell is the basic unit of life in all living organisms. They have some fundamental components in common, but they come in all shapes and sizes, reflecting their range of different functions. Its knowledge is most essential to understand how life works for higher animals and plants.
The cells are divided into two main categories, the prokaryotic or the eukaryotic, and in the course, we will cover the unique differences.
We will learn about the discover of the cell through microscopy.
The word cell comes from the Latin “cella” which means “small room”. Cells are the units from which all living organisms are built.
This essential foundation course for all biology students preparing for IGCSE, GCSE, O Level, Junior Cert, and Highschool Biology exams, and for everyone wanting to learn more about biology. This is a foundation course for those wishing to have a career in health sciences, biology and biochemistry. Upon completion of this course students should have a sound understanding of cell structure and processes, how cell structure relates to function, the function of the microscope and be able to carry out relevant calculations, how cells divide and the importance of stem cells and the different types of transport across the cell membrane.
Who this course is for:
- IGCSE, GCSE, Junior Cert, highschool, O Level students
- Anyone wishing to learn more about Cell Biology
Siobhan, Master in Science, has been highly involved in training, lecturing and online learning throughout her career, and is a full time Education Technology creator using next generation technology, animations, and software including extended reality systems such as virtual and augmented reality technologies. Courses that I specialise in are in Science, Biology, Occupational Health and Safety, and Compliance.