CCSP Domain 2 - Cloud Data Security
What you'll learn
- Understand what (ISC)2 expects you to know about the cloud data security domain.
- Comprehend data protection mechanisms (e.g., encryption, tokenization, DLP, etc.).
- Explain data classification, mapping and labeling.
- Understand the cloud data life cycle and its associated protection mechanisms.
- There are no requirements.
- A desire to learn what you need to know about the cloud data security for the CCSP exam is very beneficial to have.
- A basic understanding of information security is recommended.
In this course we walk through all of the critical concepts within the Cloud Platform & Infrastructure domain. This domain is 20% of the test as of August 2022. I will guide you through all of the concepts that you need to know and advise you on the level of knowledge that you need to get comfortable with.
There are over three and a half hours of video content plus course notes based on information from my book: Cloud Guardians.
We will explore the data lifecycle. It is important to know the lifecycle and the security controls that can be added to each phase. In order to really understand that it is good to also take a look at data. How to we organize data? It is good to understand the basic differences of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data.
I love talking about encryption and we will explore the basics of symmetric, asymmetric and hashing. It is just the basics as the primary focus here is the key. It is essential to protect the secret key, so storage locations must be explored.
There is also an exploration of masking, tokenization and obfuscation. Each serves a very particular purpose when protecting information.
We finish with discussion about maturity models and data rights management/information rights management and maturity models.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for people that are preparing for the (ISC)2 CCSP exam.
- This course would benefit anyone working to expand their knowledge and understanding of the cloud data security.
Hi! I am Gwen Bettwy
CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CCSP, CGEIT, CISM, CISA, SSCP, CCSI
I have been traveling and teaching around the world since 1994. I began teaching Information Security in 2003 for (ISC)2. I have averaged about 2 courses a month since 1994. I began my career at Sprint which has helped me prepare for CCSPs cloud provider view.
Most of the courses I have taught since 2003 has been CISSP, although CISM, CISA, SSCP, and CGEIT have been sprinkled through there. I began teaching CCSP in 2017, since the exam was not launched until 2015.
I have a proven track record in the classroom of guiding students through information security concepts through to certification!