IS101 Networking - Route and Switch - Cisco CCNA and CCENT
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 20 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Apply for and successfully perform in an entry level Networking position.
- Successfully prepare for the Cisco entry exams.
- You will able to do basic configurations on Cisco equipment
- You will be able to develop an IP Addressing plan for a network
- Student will need a laptop or computer with internet access to work along.
- Only a computer is needed. The simulator we will use is free.
This is a first course in network engineering that I have been teaching at the City University of Seattle for the last 3 years. It covers all the material to get you started at a first job and should be a helpful resource for Cisco CCENT and CCNA exams.
This course is taught by a real University Professor that prepares his lectures and labs daily. This class room environment forces a Professor to really know his stuff, he must prepare for any question on the spot. Additionally a University Professor in the classroom, knows what kind of questions students ask, and can prepare his lectures and labs to address the points students have difficulty with. If you have been stuck on this material before this will get you over the Difficult spots and on your way to becoming and Cisco Switching expert. If this is your first intro to this material or if you want to improve your skills at work or for Cisco certifications. This is the place to start.
I pulled material that I have developed for the CityU Switch course that I have taught over 10 semesters in the last few years.
- This course is intended for anyone that wants to learn the basics of networking for Certifications and employeement
- This course is intended to help those employed improve their performance at work
- This course is intended to help new students get started with network.
This lecture provides an overview of the OSI Model. It is important once you start troubleshooting networks because if you can isolate the problem to a specific layer it becomes much easier to solve the problem.
Also OSI model questions are always asked at interviews.
Please download and review the attached OSI model notes.
After you download GNS3 you need to load an ISO image onto the router.
GNS3 can use switches by adding a switch module to the Router. The only difference is the older commands to assign VLANS is used on the GNS3 Switch module. I preform congis in both GNS3 and on rela switch the concepts are the same the configs are slighlty different for the VLANS. You are not required to purchase switches everything can be accomplished in the free GNS3 Cico Emulator. But you can purchase Cisco switches on eBay if you like.