Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Social Anxiety/Shyness
What you'll learn
- Gain tools to help yourself change negative thoughts.
- Learn techniques to cope with anxiety.
- Learn how to increase your confidence in social situations.
- Get a better understanding of what is holding you back, and how to make changes.
- Just a desire to live a better live by helping yourself make changes. Anyone can do this!
Ever worry about what others think of you? Worry you sound stupid? Worry you don't fit in? You're not alone.
Hi, I'm Tracy Sloan, a Clinical Psychologist. Welcome to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Social Anxiety/Shyness.
Most people with anxiety tell themselves negative stuff that makes it hard for them to talk with others, go to parties, go on a date, or do other social things. For example, if You told me to go talk with Bob, over there. Then told me that he was going to think I am boring and stupid. Do you think I would go talk with him? Nope. I wouldn't. Wouldn't expect you to go talk with him either. So, what we're going to do is work on changing that negative stuff you tell yourself, to make it easier to do the things you want to do.
My 20 years of experience doing face-to-face therapy, and my research in the field of anxiety has led to these evidence-based techniques. You will gain tools and techniques to help you decrease your anxiety, at your pace, with a focus on your specific fear. We start with an educational component, learning terms to be used, and definitions. Next I will teach Cognitive Techniques to help you change that thinking that's getting in your way. Then we will work on confronting your fears. I know, that sounds super scary. BUT, we'll do it slowly, baby steps. You'll see. It's an amazing feeling to be able to something you've been avoiding. Really!! Finally, I will give you some added tricks and tips, as well as keys to recovery and relapse prevention.
My goal is to help you grow, heal, and live your best life.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone with social anxiety or shyness, or anyone having trouble getting back to being around people.
- This course is for practitioners and therapists who want to learn CBT.
- This course is for practitioners and therapists who want to add CBT techniques as a supplement to their current therapy.
- This course is for anyone who wants to live a better life by overcoming their fears.
I received my PhD from The University of Texas at Austin. I did my internship at Northwestern University and my Post-doctoral training at The University of Texas Health Science Center. I have 18-plus years of clinical experience using evidence-based therapy approaches. My specialties include treatment of anxiety, depression, and addictions in individual and group formats.
My Treatment Focus
Through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques, I help clients focus on self awareness and goals, identify triggers, change maladaptive cognitions and behaviors, and enhance coping skills.
My Hope for You
My goal is to help you grow, heal, and move toward where you want to be in your life.