Case Interview Toolkit — Crash Course
What you'll learn
- Understand what the case interview is, and how the interviewers evaluate candidates.
- Start the case by defining the problem to ensure that they uncover the essential information about the case before proceeding.
- Structure any type of case using an issue tree that will cover the entire solution space and then identify the key drivers of the problem.
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data and derive the implications of that analysis for the case solution.
- Avoid the most common pitfalls that students fall into and learn how to handle the pressure in the interview.
- You should have a basic understanding of what the case interview is.
In this workshop, you will learn from Filipe Leal, a Senior McKinsey Consultant. You will learn how elite consultants solve some of the world’s toughest problems — not only for leading businesses, but increasingly for governments and other organisations as well.
Join the students from INSEAD MBA (#1 MBA in the world, according to Financial Times) in preparing for their interviews at the McKinsey Copenhagen Office. The most effective way to prepare for your interview is to learn how to think like a top consultant.
This is an advanced level course. You will benefit the most if you are familiar with the format of the Case Interview. The workshop will help you understand how to structure tough, ambiguous business challenges, identify important issues, deal with all the implications of facts and data, formulate conclusions and recommendations, and how to articulate your thoughts.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to become a management consultant.
Filipe is a former McKinsey Senior Consultant. Over his four and a half years’ tenure, he has advised some of the world’s largest conglomerates in Telecom, Banking, and Oil&Gas. He was hired by McKinsey three times in different offices, and also received offers from BCG and Bain.
Filipe is an experienced recruiter for McKinsey. He personally interviewed more than one hundred candidates and sat on many hiring committees. He was a consistent top 5% performer at McKinsey, winning their prestigious “Primus Inter Pares” prize, as well as an MBA scholarship.
In 2014, Filipe founded Consulting Prep, where he and other senior consultants from McKinsey, BCG and Bain prepare candidates for the case interview with the elite firms.