Case Interview — Introduction
What you'll learn
- Insight into ways of defining even complex cases.
- A better grasp of solving complex any kind of problems.
- Tools to analyse a given case.
- Seeing the management consulting business through facts instead of rumours.
- Ways of effectively navigating the case interview.
- Basic understanding of the case interview is beneficial - but not required.
This course is designed as an introduction to the infamous case interview. It is an interview process employed by many of the world's major companies, and especially those at top consulting firms like McKinsey, Bain and BCG are the toughest interview processes in the world. These companies can be very secretive in what they expect from candidates, but after this course, you will understand what you must do in the case interview.
Regardless of whether you want to go into consulting or some other avenue of the top business world, knowing how to ace the case interview can be invaluable to you and your career. The tools of the consulting trade will be useful to you regardless of your profession, because they deal with fundamental issues like problem solving, structure and analysis and sound recommendation.
The lectures consist of short videos for your convenience. After the lectures, a quiz will help you revisit what you have learned, before you can start preparing for the interview itself with the potential test-examples and case samples found at the end of the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to apply at consulting firms (like McKinsey) or other companies that use the case interview for testing candidates (like Maersk).
- Anyone who wants insight into the world of management consulting.
Filipe is a former McKinsey Senior Consultant. Over his four and a half years’ tenure, he has advised some of the world’s largest conglomerates in Telecom, Banking, and Oil&Gas. He was hired by McKinsey three times in different offices, and also received offers from BCG and Bain.
Filipe is an experienced recruiter for McKinsey. He personally interviewed more than one hundred candidates and sat on many hiring committees. He was a consistent top 5% performer at McKinsey, winning their prestigious “Primus Inter Pares” prize, as well as an MBA scholarship.
In 2014, Filipe founded Consulting Prep, where he and other senior consultants from McKinsey, BCG and Bain prepare candidates for the case interview with the elite firms.