Drawing Cartoony Characters
What you'll learn
- draw basic constructions before jumping into designing and drawing your characters
- understand the difference between classical construction and stylized construction
- use reference material for inspiration and ideas
- Combining different concepts to create original characters
- you dont need any specific materials, you can do these on paper, however, photoshop is recommended as some of the techniques I do need to be done on a digital art program
- The program itself isnt important though, as the techniques and concepts are the focus of what I am teaching.
In this course I want to share my process of designing and drawing cartoony characters in both stylized and classical styles. I have been working in animation for almost 8 years now, and have experience in both 2D and 3D animation.
I will take you through the very basic constructions and initial stages of drawing the cartoon figure, and break it down so that you can try these techniques to any character you want to draw yourself.
I will then show you how to implement these basic techniques to draw characters based off reference and start designing your own creations.
Who this course is for:
- anyone with basic drawing skills who wants to improve their cartoony drawing
- animation students
- comic artists
Ive worked in Animation since 2006 and have worked in both 2D and 3D. I have a wide range of skills, but my main two are in bringing characters to life through animation, and drawing and illustrating characters.
I have also taught animation in Abu Dhabi in the past, working with Cartoon Network in their Cartoon Network Animation Academy, and was part of the initial setup.
I am now an independent artist working in London creating short animations, illustrations, and online courses.
I am a huge fan of all kinds of art and animation, and I hope to share what I know, at an affordable price, at a high quality and professional level.