Carnatic music for beginners
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Carnatic Music
- Vocal Music
- Indian Music
Carnatic Music is one of the two types of classical music from India. The Carnatic style of music is more sung and performed in southern India.
Who can learn?
This course is designed by keeping in mind that anyone who would like to learn Carnatic Classical music should find it easy with the help of a basic set of lessons.
Even if you are a person who is already learning Carnatic and would love to strengthen the basic lessons, you can go for it.
If you are already into learning some style of music and would love to explore Carnatic music fundamentals, you can definitely get what you need in this course.
What will I learn from this course?
- Vocal Warm-up exercises
- Exercises to work on your voice Range
- Rhythm in Carnatic Music.
- 3 Geethams, which are the first type of compositions which will prepare you to learn the complex compositions.
- Theory Lessons will support your learning by providing the necessary knowledge to understand the fundamentals.
- And much more :)
How do I learn?
- Learn by listening to the lectures, reading and understanding the notes.
- We have also included a time gap for you to repeat singing after the instructor. Make sure that you use it.
- Practice singing at home as per the guidance provided.
- Support your learning by listening to lots of Carnatic Music online.
Why learn Carnatic Music?
Music is pure bliss! :)
- Anyone who wants to learn Carnatic music
- Beginner in music
Concept of Octaves is mentioned in the upcoming sections and lessons. Revisit the lecture and the resources as required in the further lessons. It will help you in having a better understanding.
Here I have sung the first Sarale Varasai by splitting it into different phrases and giving the required time gap for you to repeat it. Please repeat the exercise in the given gap, playing the video multiple times and practice.
By the end of this lecture you will know:
Name of the first Raaga you learn is "Mayamalava Goula"
How to sing 7 notes in Mayamalava goula Scale.
Singing first Sarali
Maintaining rhythm by applying hand beats.
Maintaining beats and singing along with it.
You will learn:
Sarale Varase 2
The patterns in the vocal exercises.
Moving the voice among different notes.