Carnatic music for beginners
What you'll learn
- Carnatic Music
- Vocal Music
- Indian Music
Carnatic Music is one of the two types of classical music from India. The Carnatic style of music is more sung and performed in southern India.
Who can learn?
This course is designed by keeping in mind that anyone who would like to learn Carnatic Classical music should find it easy with the help of a basic set of lessons.
Even if you are a person who is already learning Carnatic and would love to strengthen the basic lessons, you can go for it.
If you are already into learning some style of music and would love to explore Carnatic music fundamentals, you can definitely get what you need in this course.
What will I learn from this course?
- Vocal Warm-up exercises
- Exercises to work on your voice Range
- Rhythm in Carnatic Music.
- 3 Geethams, which are the first type of compositions which will prepare you to learn the complex compositions.
- Theory Lessons will support your learning by providing the necessary knowledge to understand the fundamentals.
- And much more :)
How do I learn?
- Learn by listening to the lectures, reading and understanding the notes.
- We have also included a time gap for you to repeat singing after the instructor. Make sure that you use it.
- Practice singing at home as per the guidance provided.
- Support your learning by listening to lots of Carnatic Music online.
Why learn Carnatic Music?
Music is pure bliss! :)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Carnatic music
- Beginner in music
Shruthi Sharma is a passionate learner, educator, and coach in different areas of her interest. She has chosen her passion as her career and helping enthusiastic learners by guiding on music and also wellness.
Shruthi is a Music Educator, Ashtanga Yoga trainer, and also a Nutritionist. As an entrepreneur, she is working closely with a lot of clients at "Tejassu" and the brand "Wellness Kriya" by coaching them in their areas of interest.
She has started learning Carnatic music from her age of 7 and being trained under different Gurus.
At present, she is also a Faculty at SaPa - Subramaniam Academy of Performing Arts. She teaches Carnatic and Global music for children.