Soft Skills & Career Success: How to Be Excellent at Work
What you'll learn
- Evaluate individual signature strengths and understand how those are best used at the individual and team levels.
- Develop professional presence, soft skills, and confidence in the workplace.
- Become a more effective communicator in the work environment.
- Ask better questions and increase your ability to come up with more and better ideas.
- Create clear, specific, and actionable goals by making a simple but effective career action plan.
- Gain access to a variety of career boosting resources, tools, and techniques.
- No special skills or knowledge are needed before taking this course. However it is helpful to already be working in an international environment or to have plans to someday do so.
You've managed to land your very first "real" full-time job? Congratulations! Now what?
Have you ever wished that your job or workplace came with an easy guidebook to help you be more effective, get noticed (in a good way), and even promoted to the next level so you can more easily reach your long-term career goals?
This easy to follow course was made for beginners, novices, and those looking to brush up on existing soft skills. It will take you by the hand and help you with all the "Day 1 Basics" that you are expected to know immediately like how you should dress, behave, and act.
We'll also take you beyond the basics so you can develop effective work habits that will help you succeed at your job, create a healthy work/life balance, and have a better understanding of your own personal strengths and how you work best.
This course was created for recent graduates, interns, new hires, junior staff, or any employee looking to boost their skills at the office and in the global workplace
Let us help you succeed at work. By the end of this course you will be able to:
Evaluate individual signature strengths and understand how those are best used at the individual and team levels.
Develop soft skills, professional presence, and confidence in the workplace.
Become a more effective communicator in the work environment.
Ask better questions and increase your ability to come up with more and better ideas.
Create clear, specific, and actionable goals by making a simple but effective career action plan.
Gain access to a variety of career boosting resources, tools, and techniques.
Join American University of Myanmar Professors, Kristen Palana, MFA and Dr. Luisa Glascock, PhD who lead this course based on their live training sessions with the young creative professionals at Mango Group Myanmar as well as senior managers from the UN's World Food Programme Myanmar.
Both Professors also have decades of experience guiding young people into their first jobs and helping them to make better and more informed career choices that lead to a more balanced and fulfilling life.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely advice will be provided in the discussion forum. We love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to our other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. We make ourselves available so you will have access to us if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this easy to follow Workplace Essentials course and join our growing learning community! Click the "Take This Course" button in the upper right corner and let's get started boosting your impact at work right away!
Who this course is for:
- This course is best suited for junior staff in an office environment who would like to communicate better with clients and their team, understand better how to succeed in an international work environment, and to learn soft skills for better work productivity and success.
- This course will also help college students, interns, and recent graduates as they begin to navigate the work environment for the first time.
- This course was originally custom designed for the creative professionals at Mango Group in Yangon, Myanmar. Myanmar is a country in transition that is just opening up to the world for the first time. Therefore this course can be helpful to anyone just starting out in their career or to someone coming into contact with an international workplace environment for the very first time.
My goal is to empower ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
I’m an award-winning artist and educator helping empower people around the globe to communicate effectively and tell their own stories through a variety of media. I've created dynamic content for clients including UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, WFP, Children International, The Aid Myanmar Society, The B-52s, and American University of Myanmar.
I've been teaching digital media and creating innovative programs for secondary, undergraduate, and postgraduate students as well as adults and children with no formal education in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia since 2000. I’ve also been teaching tens of thousands of online students through the UN-mandated University For Peace’s Centre For Executive Education and on online learning platforms since 2014.
I’m an Associate Professor of Digital Media who recently taught for universities, international schools, and NGOs in Myanmar from 2016-2019. I co-founded and directed the Film and Digital Media Program at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m now a Digital Media and Animation Specialist for The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA Malawi) and a Creative Graphic Designer for UNICEF Malawi.
My animated films have screened in galleries and museums worldwide and in more than 75 international film festivals where they have frequently won “Best Animated Short.” I’m a dedicated mentor, trainer, career advisor, curriculum builder, and interdisciplinary collaborator known for promoting civic engagement and fostering a positive, inclusive learning environment.
What can I help you with today?
Dr. Luisa Glasscock is formerly a school educator. Her professional experience includes teaching students, many of them English language-learners, from age four to University graduate programs in the area of Education.
Luisa’s personal journey has taken her to live and work in various countries including Mexico, United States, Japan, Spain, China, and currently Myanmar. She earned a BA in Psychology (Mexico), MEd in International Teaching (USA), and a PhD with a concentration in Curriculum-Instruction, and Cultural Studies in Education (USA), including a Fulbright in Japan.
Working in public and private institutions for over 30 years has led Luisa to become an effective instructor and mentor to individuals immersed in international perspectives in the work environment. She is keen on research and issues that help individuals of future generations to continue being creative, resourceful, imaginative, and adaptable for individual advancement and collaborative work accomplishment.