Career Planning Masterclass for Young Professionals
What you'll learn
- Discover your strengths, values, mission, and how they relate to your work
- Explore and refine your best career options
- Build your personal brand in 3-steps
- Write a resume and cover letter that gets you a call-back
- Build a compelling LinkedIn profile
- Find the best employers in your industry
- Build your network and how to find any hiring manager
- Provide great answers to 34 of the most common interview questions
- Negotiate the best salary for your job
- Techniques to navigate your first 90 days on the job
- Develop the mindset to be a high performer on a team
- Access to word processing software (Microsoft Word) and a PDF viewer (Adobe).
Every year, 2 million college graduates enter the job market hoping to snag a great job and jumpstart their career. However, figuring out what to do for a living, where to work, and how to build your brand is not easy. Career planning takes work, and this course is your shortcut!
Join Jacob Morris, a career coach and experienced Fortune 100 hiring manager in this masterclass that will take you step-by-step through everything you need to do to be find a job you love and excel to the next level in your career.
This masterclass features 184 lectures with over 4 hours of learning and a proprietary 68 page workbook that will change your life and set you up for career success.
You will learn to:
Discover yourself - your strengths, values, and how they relate to your work
Explore your career options - explore the types of careers and Holland's theory of career choice
Refine your career options - nail down your top career opportunities
Build your personal brand - follow the 3-steps to personal growth
Write a winning resume and cover letter - get the resume template that Fortune 100 employees use most
Create a compelling LinkedIn presence - leverage social media to sell your talents
Discover the best employers in your industry - review award-winning companies
Optimize the job search process - stop scouring the web and setup automatic alerts
Build your network - learn 7 powerful steps to rock star networking
Create your job search action plan - keep yourself accountable with your own action plan
Prepare for your interview - what to wear, what to bring, create a 90-day plan or portfolio
Study the most common interview questions - review and examine 34 questions one by one
Negotiate the best salary - 9 important parts to negotiating and accepting a salary (or not)
Navigate your first 90 days on the job - review best practices for the first 30-60-90 days on the job
Set yourself up for your next promotion - learn the mindset of high performers
This course is designed recent college grads, college students, emerging professionals already in the workplace, Fortune 500 job seekers, high school graduates, and even young adults who may be exploring professional careers without a college education. This course is designed for the next generation of leaders who want support navigating the career planning process.
Who this course is for:
- Emerging Professionals, Recent Graduates, Young Business Leaders, People Who Don't Know What They Want To Be
After more than 15 years in a management role at a Fortune 100 company, Jacob cultivated a passion for helping business professionals navigate work and life. His experience spans a diverse range of functional areas, including marketing and sales, product development, customer experience, loyalty, e-commerce, communications, and learning & development.
Based in Boston, Jacob is a Gallup-certified strengths coach and professional student in the Liberal Arts program at Harvard University.