What you'll learn
- Building Personal Mastery and Career Effectiveness
- Developing a strong Personal Value Proposition
- Taking ownership of one's own career
- Being an effective and influential member of a team
- The art of influencing through followership
- Navigating difficult cultures
- Building resilience in the face of career setbacks
- Problem solving in a VUCA World
- Managing scarce resources to achieve one's career objectives
This course is primarily aimed at young professionals who are looking to establish themselves in their careers. It also has powerful application in young entrepreneurs and anyone attempting to master their circumstances and the powerful forces working against them. It looks at 5 key mastery areas: Self, Team, Organisation, Context and Future. The concepts and exercises presented are based on the author's own career experiences and the author's work as a Leadership and Strategy Consultant working with large and medium size corporates.
Who this course is for:
- Young professionals looking to grow in their careers and learn to manage the personal and cultural dynamics at play in organisations
- Any professional who has a product to sell or a service to provide that needs to master the art of bulding string productive relationships
Having witnessed the impact of human behaviour and culture on the success or otherwise of organisations and communities, Bernard works with leaders and employees alike to help in understanding and mastering the behaviours required for success.
Bernard’s specific emphasis is on aligning leadership, individual and team behaviour with corporate strategy and performance. His particular focus areas are Strategy Alignment and Leadership Development. Bernard is an experienced Executive Coach and Facilitator, and has worked with senior teams across a broad range of industries.
Bernard’s formative years were spent at Accenture as a Senior Manager. He has operated at Managing Director and Shareholder level in various organisations.
Bernard has also plied his trade internationally in Europe, the United States, Middle East and across the African continent having developed a keen awareness of the cultural challenges within and across borders and a deep passion for the development of skills in Africa.
He has an Honours degree in Business Science from the University of Cape Town and a Masters in Business Leadership (MBL) from UNISA.