Cantonese and Mandarin for Complete Beginners (简体/繁體)
What you'll learn
- How to speak Chinese and hold a simple conversation with native speakers
- How to read Pinyin and Chinese characters
- Over 1500 commonly used words and sentences in everyday language
- How to create your own sentences and continue learning vocabulary independently
- Basic grammar rules in Chinese
- How to correctly pronounce Chinese characters
- Tips on how to improve your language skills in Chinese
- Interesting facts about the Chinese language, culture, food and so much more…
- No prior knowledge of Chinese needed
- English language skills
(Please read carefully)
Welcome to this beginners Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese language course and thank you for choosing to learn with us!
This course is designed for total beginners of Mandarin or Cantonese who have little or no knowledge of the Chinese language. Unlike other courses, this one teaches you both the simplified and traditional characters, both in Mandarin and Cantonese - essentially a 2 in 1 course (or 4 in 1 if you prefer).
As well as the basics, this course focuses on introductions, asking questions, basic vocabulary building, sentence structure, dialogue, grammatical points and so much more…
In addition, there are some extra, older lessons from a previous instructor which are in Mandarin only. These lessons are separate to the rest of the course but contain many grammatical points, extra vocabulary and more. They have been kept on this course as an extra 'bonus', if you like.
There are many different ways to learn a new language, however they all require time and effort. If you keep practicing regularly and dedicate a certain amount of time each day, you should be fine. Also take the time to speak with native speakers if you have the opportunity to do so.
Completing this course will give you a knowledge base of at least 1500 words as well as being able to read both simplified and traditional characters. If you are in China, you will find that simplified characters are predominantly used. If however you are planning on going to Hong Kong or Macau (or even Taiwan), you will see traditional characters everywhere. You will learn how to correctly pronounce each character and how to recognize them if you are abroad in either of these places.
We hope you enjoy this course and find it to be useful.
Who this course is for:
- People who have little or no knowledge of Chinese
- Anyone who wants to learn more about China and it’s culture
- Those who want to be able to read Chinese characters
- Visitors to China who want to improve their level of Chinese
- Individuals who want to learn a new skill
We provide opportunities to people from developing countries around the world who would otherwise not have them.
Our aim is to create courses that are not only of a high standard, but offer excellent value for money as well. Our courses are designed by instructors that are highly experienced and are keen to put their expertise to good use.
Regarding our language courses, at present we only have beginner and elementary courses available, however we are currently in the process of making intermediate level courses for those who wish to continue the language learning process.