Make Awesomely Strange Video Games with Unity and Playmaker
- 15 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create a video game from start to finish without coding
- Go through a quick introductory course to fundamental game dev concepts
- Create video games using Visual Scripting
- Use assets from the demo video game
- Learn an intro to Playmaker
- Control and animate a 3d third person playable character
- Create enemy NPCs that patrol and attack the player on sight with simple AI
- Layout a level and set up a Unity Navmesh
- Create player pickups like coins and weapons
- Set up a weapon firing system with two different types of ammo
- Create a boss fight
- Set up a treasure chest that opens when the player enters a password
- Set up a working health system with UI health bar
- Create multiple levels for your game
- Create an intro menu
The things you can't see that make the magic happen; that allow objects to communicate with each other and share data.
A look at all the awesome stuff we are going to learn in this tutorial series!
Make sure to download the course materials.
We dive a bit deeper into Mecanim so we can trigger our animations exactly when we want them. We also add a third person camera that tracks our character. Part 2 of 3.
We begin work on creating a weapon the player can hold in his hand and fire at enemies. Part 1 of 4.
M dot Strange shows you how to find and install Playmaker, then goes over the basics to get you going with it. Part 1 of 2.
M dot Strange shows you how to find and install Playmaker, then goes over the basics to get you going with it. Part 2 of 2.
- It is recommend that students already have some Unity/Playmaker experience so please download and install Unity and explore the tutorials on Unity3d before taking this course.
- A basic understanding of how to get around in Unity is helpful but not required
- You will need to download and install Unity 3D free
- You will need to purchase, download and install the Unity asset Playmaker
- What is this course about?
In this course we will create an entire 3d third person game using Unity and Playmaker. Every step of the process is included. Students will learn everything they need to know to make their own 3d games without writing one line of code. A non technical introduction to game dev course is included, as well as an introduction to Playmaker and 6 bonus advanced Playmaker tutorials.
Strip away the mystery of game development with Unity + Playmaker and get in the game!
- What materials are included?
All assets including 3d character models and animation used in the course are included.
- How long will this course take?
It will take 2 - 7 days depending on your speed; there are 15 hours of total material.
- How is this course structured?
In the course we will create a complete 3d third person game from beginning to end; complete with weapon pickups, enemy NPCs, a Boss Battle and an Intro Menu and 'Game Over' screen.
- Why take this course?
- One of a kind instructor: this class is taught by indie game developer and internationally renowned award winning animation filmmaker M dot Strange. You can play the games the instructor has made, using the things he will teach you, at mdotstrange (dot) com; see for yourself if he knows what he is talking about.
- Real world learning: use real assets taken from real working games. Everything you learn has been tested and used in games that have shipped.
- Beginner friendly: Minimal geek speak is used so you won't have to google every other world to know what's going on.
- Secrets Unlocked: Learn to do things the easy way. Making games is a lot easier than you think! Let us show you how!
- We have fun: Learning from an instructor that loves what they do is a lot more fun than learning from someone that is just out to make a quick buck.
- Learn More: Get a deeper understanding as our classes teach you the hows and whys, instead of just how to get an identical end result.
No coding. No programming. Skip the grind of traditional game development like a boring cutscene by learning cutting edge visual scripting tools with the Strange School.
Start today and be a game developer tomorrow!
- This course is for people who want to learn how to make an entire video game from start to finish, without knowing how to code.