Canadian Corporate Finance and Financial Modelling
What you'll learn
- This course is for learners who are taking Corporate Finance course in a Canadian college / University .
- You would learn basics of corporate finance , taxation , capital budgeting and financial modeling
- We would be discussing examples of Canadian companies.
- In this course you would play a role of corporate finance manager
- Enrolled in Canadian college /University finance program
Students develop the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage a firm’s operating and fixed assets, and to fund those assets with an optimal mix of short-term and long-term debt and equity financing. Topics include time value of money; goals of the firm, corporate governance and executive compensation; financial statement analysis; quality of earnings; maturity matching; short-term financial planning; capital budgeting; risk and return and stock valuation; bond valuation and interest rates; cost of capital; capital structure; and dividend policy.
· Module 1: Introduction to Corporate Finance
· Module 2: Financial Statement Analysis
· Module 3: Time Value of Money
· Module 4: Bond Valuation and Interest Rates
· Module 5: Risk and Return
· Module 6: Cost of Capital
· Module 7: Stock Valuation
· Module 8: Capital Budgeting
· Module 9: Capital Structure
· Module 10: Dividend Policy
· Module 11: Short-Term Financial Planning
We would be discussing examples of Canadian companies . This course is excel heavy and features financial modelling. You need an laptop / OC with excel to better understand this course . This course also has a special focus on capital budgeting . Under the topic of capital budgeting we would be discussing net present value , Internal rate of return and payback period . We would be emphasizing on cost benefit analysis throughout this course .
Who this course is for:
- Learners in Canadian universities /colleges
I am a qualified CFA and CFP professional who takes pride in providing education and tailor-made advice to clients. I believe that right advice and education can significantly influence client experience.
I have over 10 years of experience in providing clients with education related to financial planning and wealth management services. Feedbacks from customers, that I have contributed to their financial well being is a testimony to my prowess of understanding their needs, creating investment policy statements and providing investment solutions.
I believe in continuous improvement and have completed Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Financial Planner certification. These certifications have evolved my understanding of financial markets, products, ethics and processes. I have a comprehensive understanding of money management, mortgages, insurance, taxation, retirement products and financial planning process. I have expertise in handling investments via instruments like stocks, mutual funds, fixed income instruments and complex products like hedge funds, structures and private equity.
I acknowledge the importance of financial literacy for the society.I have conducted numerous training sessions via classroom and virtual modes These training covered various aspects of financial planning and portfolio management. I am extremely proud that in my previous firm we could reach four hundred thousand investors through these initiatives. I am also reverent of the fact that I was a part of a team that conducted the largest stock mind competition for students . I have developed 1000+ hours of e-learn and video content