Camunda Modeler: Learn Best Practices & BPMN Notation + Demo
What you'll learn
- Learn about Camunda Modeler as a desktop application for modeling BPMN workflows and DMN decisions
- Watch and follow a step by step demonstration of how a real world scenario is modelled using Camunda Modeller
- Best practice for labelling BPM elements, modelling symmetrically, left to right and creating readable sequence flows
- Model explicitly, use gateways, avoid lanes, split sequence flows with parallel gateways and avoid symbol size and colour change
- Increase the readability of process models by carefully aligning symbols from left to right according to the normal point in time at which they occur:
- The unified expression language allows page authors to use simple expressions to dynamically access data from JavaBeans components
- Symbols for conditional expressions: less than, greater than, equality, inequality, conditional AND, OR, Ternary Operator
- There are no requirements of prerequisites for this course
- It will be an advantage if you have some process background
Camunda Modeler is a desktop application for modeling BPMN workflows and DMN decisions. It’s user-friendly, allowing multiple developers to work together on the same diagrams.
This course will get you started with Camunda Modeler. We start with an introduction of Camunda as a process automation tool and go through all the best practices you need to know to do modelling for your requirements. There is a real world scenario which is modelled in a demo so that you can see the application of the best practices to an actual model.
You will also learn how to download, set up and navigate around Camunda Modeller, plus you will learn elements of the Unified Expression Language and key operators such as Conditional AND, OR and Ternary. Learn why you should model from left to right, symmetrically and use standards for modelling your processes.
In this course you will get:
Engaging lessons with an expert on Camunda Modeler
Clear and practical explanations of everything you need to know
Celebration of your progress at 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%
Demo and explanation of downloading, setting up and navigating the Camunda Modeler
A demo of a real world scenario using the Camunda Modeler so that you can follow along
A quiz to test your knowledge of Camunda Modeler and best practices
An assignment in which you will model your own real world scenario
Join us in this course and get your Camunda Modeler journey going today
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone needing an introduction to Camunda Modeler, best practices and BPMN Notation
In my courses you learn practical skills: "I feel like I am in a real classroom." - Kira Minehart
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema". Or Tulongeni Shilunga: "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I also help lead digital transformation at FirstRand, the biggest financial services group in Africa. I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 17,000 students about business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"
Trisha Jawaharlal strives to be a life-long learner and she has 4 years experience in the banking and telecoms sector. Trisha has extensive experience in leading automation and execution of Agile methodology with the use of Jira and documenting all requirements on Confluence. Trisha holds a Honours in BCom Informatics from the University of Pretoria.