Improving Copperplate Calligraphy: Connections & Spacing
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understanding letter forms
- Distinguishing between straight, curved, and open connections
- Understanding letter and word spacing
- Can be stand-alone, or as continual learning from Introduction to Copperplate
If you've enjoyed learning how to write Copperplate calligraphy, but you're not quite sure how to string individual letters together to form beautiful words and sentences... this is the class for you!
Hi, I'm Doris, and I love sharing insights from my own calligraphy practice.
In this class, we'll talk about
mathematical vs. visual evenness of letter spacing
connecting lowercase letters to one another
connecting uppercase letters to lowercase ones,
how to make spacing decisions, and
spacing specific letter pairs based on their anatomy
Let's practice together as I talk you through the explanations, and join me in writing out specific exercises for connecting and spacing in real time.
You'll be writing specific letter pairs, a couple of necklaces, and a couple of pangrams, thereby practicing how to connect and space all letters of the alphabet.
Even if you're brand new to calligraphy, you'll find these simple exercises easy and effective to improve your writing.
- Suitable for beginners and intermediate Copperplate calligraphy students