Calisthenics 101: Supreme Bodyweight Training & Fitness
What you'll learn
- Learn how to manipulate your bodyweight through pushing and pulling in every plane of motion and through angles you’ve never thought of
- • the correct technique and secrets of strict form through all bodyweight movement
- • the FULL development paths towards a variety of advanced skills including muscle ups, one arm pull up, handstands, planche, levers, and more
- • Progressions and regressions for all exercises
- Access to a straight Pull up bar, Parallel bars or dip bars, and optionally some Olympic rings (can be bought cheap online)
There are secrets to mastering your bodyweight. Usually only passed on to professional athletes training for things like gymnastics, this knowledge is imperative to gain control in all forms of movement.
Arrow-like handstands frozen in time, strict muscle-ups with no kip or momentum, and levitating into levers are no longer myths but achievable goals for anyone with the correct information and training paths.
Calisthenics is a form of strength and power training utilising only compound bodyweight exercises. Using isolation exercises doesn't teach the body how to coordinate its strength and balance through the core and into the limbs – Calisthenics helps you to develop that through the pursuit of clean and 'Strict Form'. The techniques learnt can then be mixed with each other into routines (Freestyle Calisthenics/Street Workout), or weight can be added to the movement once strict form has been achieved to keep overloading the body.
Calisthenics strengthens the body holistically as a unit – it is incredibly useful for those who use their bodies for performance, for example in sports, martial arts, dance and yoga. Whether aiming to improve your ability to keep possession of a ball, developing your punching/kicking power, perfecting your balance or simply just to get stronger, it is an age old training system which will benefit you hugely.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those wishing to begin learning calisthenics and bodyweight mastery. Calisthenics strengthens the body holistically as a unit – it is incredibly useful for those who use their bodies for performance, for example in sports, martial arts, dance and yoga. Whether aiming to improve your ability to keep possession of a ball, developing your punching/kicking power, perfecting your balance or simply just to get stronger, it is an age old training system which will benefit you hugely.
- The human body is the most complicated and intelligent machine in the world. We need to learn to use it to it’s full potential to get the most out of the life we have in it. Training the body is about feeling – When you feel tight, stretch. When you feel balance, hold. When you feel energy flowing, release. Understanding and being in harmony with yourself opens the gate to higher levels of self awareness and contentment.
Ricky has been involved in bodyweight mastery since childhood. Beginning with various martial arts including Judo, Wing Chun, Boxing, Thai Boxing, Grappling and more, he moved onto more artistic and acrobatic elements of these arts into his teenage years. Now 30 years old, he is an international calisthenics athlete and part of the global Strengthwraps team.
Ricky specialises in advanced bodyweight movements originating in gymnastics but which have now evolved into calisthenics/street workout where a variety of different planes of motion and freedom have been added to the traditional elements of gymnastics to create a discipline involved in supreme bodyweight conditioning, including Muscle ups, Planche, L and V sit, Front Lever, Back Lever and Human Flag.