Database Design and MySQL
- No prerequisite knowledge is required, besides basic understanding of the English language and beginner computer knowledge (seriously, we're talking very basic).
- We download PhpMyAdmin (free) in this course, but once it is installed you will not need an internet connection to practice your databasing. Each step is shown,
This course is offered to allow for download and anytime use as well as for anybody who wishes to support my YouTube channel.
About this course:
This is an introductory course that dives into the basics of many topics in databasing, including:
Inserting and manipulating data
Character sets and collations
and much more.
This master course has 3 sub-courses with a total of over 100 videos teaching the absolute basics, intermediate topics, and the start of many advanced databasing concepts that will have you programming databases in no time.
Who this course is for:
- This course will work for any beginner who has never worked with databases or spreadsheets.
- This course is perfect for those with a small skill set in computers, but need assistance in fully grasping technical aspects of data management.
- This course is perfect for those in almost any databasing course in college.
- This course will work for tech geeks who need some refreshers or a broader view of database technology.
- 06:52What is a Database?
- 09:32Basic Terms
- 08:28Advanced Terms
- 02:27Primary Key
- 03:47Foreign Key
- 04:391 to 1 Relationships
- 01:381 to Many Relationships
- 01:45Many to Many relationships
- 07:16Why Many to Many relationships can be bad
- 05:47Designing relationships
- 06:061nf (First Normal Form)
- 05:192nf (Second Normal Form)
- 05:123nf (Third Normal Form)
- 06:40Starting the Design and Normalization
- 02:44MySQL Workbench
- 08:13Building Our Database and 1nf
- 07:29Designing a Library for Books
- 05:29Building a Library for Books Pt1 - Following the Forms
- 05:34Building a Library for Books Pt2
- 04:49Building a Library for Books pt3 and 2nf pt2
- 05:24Building a Library for Books pt4 and 2nf/3nf
- 07:55Building a Library for Books Pt5 - Finishing the Database
- 06:13Concluding Lecture: Where to go from Here. Final Video!
Hi! I'm Caleb. I have created over 1,500 tutorials on data, software development, cryptocurrency, etc. I believe that the way I teach is what matters. I don’t flash big words without explaining them and I don’t assume knowledge.
I keep it simple
My goal is to simplify complex problems for anyone to understand. I'm not your typical "teachers who can create an entire course without actually explaining anything.
I keep it detailed
I also like to be thorough. If you watch my content and don’t leave with a new understanding, then I am not doing my job.
I keep it fun
My primary goal is not to put you to sleep as I read an encyclopedia from slides (I prefer dictionaries). Actually, I kinda hate Powerpoint. My unique approach has caused my videos to be watched 91 years (that’s 800K hours of watchtime on YouTube alone).
I am now a tech trainer with this resume:
170k+ YouTube subscribers
180k+ Udemy students
Ex-IBMer and Ex-Software Engineer
O’reilly Live trainer and course author
International speaker on data and Software Development
10 years of coding experience
I love teaching, and I’m beyond excited to have you join me in the learning process.
June 4th, 2012. I decided to take my skill set to the next level and learn how to professionally program databases as well as websites. After just graduating my Junior year of high school, I did not have a typical summer vacation. Rather, I studied daily and prepared for this new goal of mine. By July 23rd, I uploaded my first class in this new mindset of determination. Since then, I have created over 1,500 educational classes over database Design, programming, web development, and more.