Ace Calculus 1 in 9 Hours (The Complete Course)
What you'll learn
- Find limits of functions (graphically, numerically and algebraically)
- Analyze and apply the notions of continuity and differentiability to algebraic and transcendental functions
- Determine derivatives by a variety of techniques including explicit differentiation, implicit differentiation, and logarithmic differentiation
- Identify limits of indeterminate type and solve them using L'Hôpital's rule or other techniques
- Understand the relationship between derivatives and rates of change
- Verify a general or particular solution to a differential equation
- Estimate using linear approximation
- Use derivatives to study the characteristics of curves and construct detailed graphs of nontrivial functions using derivatives and limits
- Solve optimization problems
- Familiar with precalculus (algebra, trigonometry, and functions)
HOW THIS COURSE WORK:
This course, Ace Calculus 1 in 9 Hours (The Complete Course), has everything you need to know for Calculus 1, including video and notes from whiteboard during lectures, and practice problems (with solutions!). I also show every single step in examples and derivations of rules and theorems. The course is organized into the following sections:
Limits and Continuity
Derivatives of Transcendental Functions
Limits - Indeterminate Forms
Applications of Differentiation
CONTENT YOU WILL GET INSIDE EACH SECTION:
Videos: I start each topic by introducing and explaining the concept. I share all my solving-problem techniques using examples. I show a variety of math issue you may encounter in class and make sure you can solve any problem by yourself.
Notes: In this section, you will find my notes that I wrote during lecture. So you can review the notes even when you don't have internet access (but I encourage you to take your own notes while taking the course!).
Extra notes: I provide some extra notes, including formula sheets and some other useful study guidance.
Assignments: After you watch me doing some examples, now it's your turn to solve the problems! Be honest and do the practice problems before you check the solutions! If you pass, great! If not, you can review the videos and notes again or ask for help in the Q&A section.
THINGS THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THE COURSE:
An instructor who truly cares about your success
Lifetime access to Ace Calculus 1 in 9 Hours (The Complete Course)
Friendly support in the Q&A section
Udemy Certificate of Completion available for download
BONUS #1: Downloadable lectures so you can watch whenever and wherever you are.
BONUS #2: Downloadable lecture notes and some extra notes (i.e. formula sheet) so you can review the lectures without having a device to watch/listen.
BONUS #3: A review section on precalculus, including algebra, graphing, asymptotes, composition functions, and inverse functions.
BONUS #4: Nine assignments with solutions for Calculus 1 in total that make you productive while taking the course.
BONUS #5: Step-by-step guide to help you solve problems.
See you inside!
- Gina :)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has completed precalculus (algebra and trigonometry) and wants to learn some more advanced math
- Current calculus 1 students who are looking for extra help outside school
- Anyone who is not in science stream but wants to study calculus for fun
While I was in undergrad, I was always excited to take exams because I was always well prepared and I felt accomplished after finishing each exam. I know that it is not the case for most of the students. So here, I will share my knowledge and help you to make your university life easier! :D
More about my background
I received my BSc in Atmospheric Science and Physics with a minor in Mathematics from the McGill University in 2018 and my MSc in Physics at the University of Toronto in 2019. I am currently a Ph.D. candidate in the Physics Department and I am interested in the impact of wind observation on the global predictability, Arctic climate, and weather processes.
Since my second year of undergraduate studies, I have had extensive tutoring experiences, teaching at Liberty Tutoring, as well as high school and university students through SUS Peer Tutoring and Saturday Programs. Additionally, I have been/currently am a TA for math and physics undergraduate and graduate courses.
I hope to see you in class!
- Gina C.