CAGED Pentatonic System for Guitar - Level 2
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand & Apply the basic concepts of the CAGED System
- Solo using the entire fretboard
- Improvise Solos
- Play along with the downloadable backing track.
- Computer/ Tablet/ Internet Connection
- You will need a guitar
- An open mind and a willingness to learn.
- You will need time to practice the material.
CAGED Pentatonic System For Guitar: Level 2
Break out of the box…View the fretboard in it's entirety.
The CAGED Pentatonic System for Guitar Level 2 is designed to expand on what you’ve learned in the Level 1 course. This Level 2 course is based around the relative minor key. The Relative Minor has a Blues Rock tonality that adds an aggressive edgier sound to your playing. The Caged Pentatonic (5x5x5) System is the virtual building blocks for utilizing the entire fretboard.
When you see guitarists play up and down the neck effortlessly, it’s no secret that they're using some sort of system to connect different scales on the fretboard. So it’s best to have some sort of system to use as a framework for creating solos. Let’s face it, if you’re only using the standard pentatonic box pattern, you’re only utilizing 20% of the fretboard. The goal of this video course is to break you out of the standard pentatonic box and get you using 5 different pentatonic boxes that cover the entire fretboard, giving you more options when creating your own licks and solos.
Level 2 builds off the topics covered in Level 1. While it’s not necessary that you start with Level 1, it’s highly recommended as it will help you better understand the concepts discussed here in this Level 2 Course.
In this course you'll learn:
- 5 Positions of the Minor Pentatonic Scale
- 5 Positions of the Major Pentatonic Scale
- 5 Movable Chord Shapes
- The Rule of 3’s
- Chord & Scale Formulas
- Landing/Target Notes
- Interval Matrix
- Practice Logs
- TABs and much more!!!!!
This Course features:
- 90 Minutes of Video
- MP3 Jam Track
- PDF Printouts Include: TABs, Chord & Scale Formulas, Interval Matrix, 5 Movable Chord Shapes, the 5 Major Scale Patterns, the 5 Major Pentatonic Scale Patterns, the 5 Minor Pentatonic Scale Patterns, Extended Scale Pattern and Practice Log.
Take this course a test drive, and if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, you are covered by Udemy’s 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Any guitarist that wants to understand the basics of the CAGED System
- Any Guitarist that wants to add new Elements, Concepts & Techniqes to thier Playing.
- Intermidiate/Advanced guitarists that need to "fill in the gaps of knowledge".
- If your an advanced guitarist, this course might not be for you.
This is the solo example for this course. I titled it JADED. It a slower Blues Rock progression in the Key of Em. The Chords for this song are as follows. Em-C-D-G.
In this lecture I'll show you how to play the repeating pattern of the song. It's a hammer-on double stop pattern.
In this lecture I show you how to play the lick and the beginning of verse two. It's a droning pattern that keeps repeating, building tension as it repeats.
A few final thoughts on the solo. While some of the licks used in Level 2 were some of the same licks used in Level 1, it's important to know that because we are working in the Relative Key that they are interchangeable. Some of the notes that you resolve to will be different though. Also, don't forget to experiment with your own licks.