CAGED Pentatonic System for Guitar - Level 1
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 21 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand & Apply the basic concepts of the CAGED System
- Solo using the entire fretboard
- Improvise Solos
- Memorize the Notes on the Fretboard
- Play along with the downloadable backing track.
- Computer/ Tablet/ Internet Connection
- You will need a guitar
- An open mind and a willingness to learn.
- You will need time to practice the material.
The CAGED Pentatonic Soloing System is designed to break you out of that box pattern that we all learned when we first started to play guitar. It's the virtual blueprint for utilizing the entire fretboard. If you are only using the standard pentatonic box pattern, you are only using 20% of the fretboard.
The goal of this course is to break you out of the single pentatonic box and get you using 5 different pentatonic shapes that utilize the entire fretboard.
Pentatonic scales are a great place to start because it's the first scale most guitar players learn, and it's one that we use the most.
5 Positions of the Major Scale
5 Positions of the Major Pentatonic Scale
5 Movable Chord Shapes
Chord & Scale Formulas
TABs and much more!!!!!
It's better to have some sort of soloing system versus having no system at all. This system is the method I use to create phrases, licks and solos. This method can really open up the way you view the fretboard of the guitar. This course shows you how-to connect chord shapes and scale patterns to take advantage of the entire fretboad. It's like connecting the dotes.
This course come with an MP3 Jam Track as well as, TABs, Chord & Scale Formulas, Interval Matrix, 5 Movable Chord Shapes, the 5 Major Scale Patterns, the 5 Major Pentatonic Scale Patterns, Extended Scale Pattern and Practice Log.
This course is 1 hour & 42 minutes in length.
11 Sections with 35 Lectures,
And while this course is aimed at country guitar players, you don't have to be a chicken picker to get something from this course. Even if your a Blues Player or Rock Guitarist, I'm confidant this course will help you master the entire fretboard.
You are backed by Udemy's 30 Day money back guarantee.
Click the green "Take This Course" Button to Get Started Today!
- Any guitarist that wants to understand the basics of the CAGED System
- Any Guitarist that wants to add new Elements, Concepts & Techniqes to thier Playing.
- Intermidiate/Advanced guitarists that need to "fill in the gaps of knowledge".
- If your an advanced guitarist, this course might not be for you.
This is the Solo Example for this course. In this example I create a solo using licks from all 5 scale patterns.
Lick #8 fininishes of the solo with a flurry of notes. This one is based on the 5th postion scale pattern but the first half of the lick includes a "C" note which is not part of the "G" penatonic but it is a note from one of the chords we play. THe second half of the lick includes a "Bb" note. This is note within out major pentatonic scale, it's a chromatic (passing) note.