CAGED Pentatonic System for Guitar - Level 3
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 28 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand & Apply the basic concepts of the CAGED System
- Solo using the entire fretboard
- Master the Fretboard
- Play along with the downloadable backing track.
- Learn to Play a Country Rock Style Solo. Complete with TABs and Backing Track.
- Computer/ Tablet/ Internet Connection
- You will need a guitar
- An open mind and a willingness to learn.
- You will need time to practice the material.
CAGED Pentatonic System: Level 3 (Soloing over a I-IV-V)
The CAGED Pentatonic System for Guitar - Level 3 (Soloing Over a I-IV-V Progression) is designed to expand on what you have learned in Level 1 & 2. The I-IV-V is a standard chord progression, but many players still have problems soloing over this progression. This course covers the concepts to soloing over the I-IV-V using an upbeat chicken pickin' groove. The CAGED Pentatonic (5x5x5) System is the virtual blueprint for utilizing the entire fretboard. If you are only using the standard pentatonic box pattern, you are only using 20% of the fretboard. The goal of this video course is to break you out of the box and get you looking at the fretboard in it's entirety.
This video course is the third course in this series. The CAGED Pentatonic System Level 3 builds off the topics covered in Level 1 & 2. So while it’s not necessary, it is recommended to start with Level 1 and add the concepts from Level 2 and tie it all together with Level 3. After working through all three volumes, you'll see the fretboard in a whole new light!
In this course, you will learn…
- 5 Positions of the Minor Pentatonic Scale (x3)
- 5 Positions of the Major Pentatonic Scale (x3)
- 5 Movable Chord Shapes (x3)
- Chord & Scale Formulas
- Landing/Target Notes
- Interval Matrix
- Practice Logs
- TABs and much more!!!!
This Course includes:
- 80 Minutes of multicam video lessons
- MP3 Jam Track (Normal speed, 3/4 speed & 1/2 speed)
- PDF Printouts Include: TABs, Chord & Scale Formulas, Interval Matrix, 5 Movable Chord Shapes, the 5 Major Pentatonic Scale Patterns, the 5 Minor Pentatonic Scale Patterns, Extended Scale Pattern and Practice Log.
Take this course a test drive, and if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, you are covered by Udemy’s 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Any guitarist that wants to understand the basics of the CAGED System
- Not for students expecting to learn specific songs.
- Intermidiate Rock & Blues Guitarists that want to add some Chicken Pickin' influence into thier playing style.
- Any Guitarist that wants to add new Elements, Concepts & Techniqes to thier Playing.
Example #3 is an ascending lick based on the A minor pentatonic scale with a few chromatic notes thrown in for good measure. This is also referred to as the Country Composite Scale.