Caesar II Training Course 2022: Piping Stress Analysis
What you'll learn
- Introduction to Caesar II-Piping software
- Exercises of the piping code ASME B31.3 (Piping Stress Analysis)
- Types of pipe supports (anchors, guides, simple support, hangers and spring supports)
- Creation of load cases (Hydrostatic, sustain, thermal expansion)
- The best Use of the Caesar II Standard Reports
- Development and interpretation of a pipe stress analysis
- Allowable stress, code stress
- A basic knowledge of static and mechanics of materials
Are you a piping designer or a piping stress engineer? Are you a fresh-graduate engineer and want to be part of the oild and gas or chemical industry?. Well this ocurse is for you, where you are going to learn how to model and analyse simple and complex piping systems easily and correctly. Piping stress analysis through examples would be carried out according to international standards such as ASME B.1.3.
Many piping professionals at the beginning of their career get to model piping systems without considering good practices and the theory behind a proper design of a piping system and its piping supports. As a result, non-allowable deflections and overstress take place in the 3D piping model and therefore, a change of the support allocation or the piping route would be neccesary afterwards. This increases the costs and the timeline of the project, which affects its financial feasibility and the client satisfaction.
Get an insight into the world of piping stress analysis with the use of the software Caesar II. Practical examples of the international piping code ASME B31.3 will be exposed and analysed. The results of the analysis with Caesar II and of the piping code B31.3 will be compared to each other such as, forces, displacements, bending and torisonal stress and stress ratio.
Who this course is for:
- For those who want to pursue a career path in the field of oil and gas as Pipe stress engineer or piping engineer. Furthermore, this course will facilitate your interaction with the software Caesar II and equip you with the necessary piping engineering skills to succeed in the sector of the petroleum and oil and gas.
- For those who want to get an insight into correct use of the piping software Caesar II
I´m a Mechanical Engineer with relevant experience in the field of the oild and gas as a Piping Stress Engineer. I pursued a Master´s degree in Renewable Energy Technologies and am eager to develop online courses to help students and professionals within engineering topics such as, piping stress, scaffolding systems and renewable energy systems.