CAD Automation - Create flexible scripts using Excel
What you'll learn
- Basic Excel functions - SUM, MAX, MIN, ROUND and more
- Advanced Excel Functions - Logic, Lookup & reference
- Adding Macros in Excel
- Create scripts to automate CAD using Excel
- Customising Draftsight user interface
- Customising AutoCAD user interface
- Command Macros for Draftsight & AutoCAD
- Basic knowledge of Draftsight or AutoCAD commands
- Draftsight or AutoCAD - Free 30 day trial available for both
- MS Excel
- No programming / coding or Excel experience required
A unique approach to CAD automation. This course is aimed at any Draftsight or AutoCAD user wanting to automate drawings or tasks. No programming or even Excel experience is required.
This course gives you an easy Excel based approach to CAD automation. Most CAD users are under the impression that coding or programming experience is required to automate drawings. This method uses one basic VBA code which is already written and provided. Adding this code is a simple copy and paste exercise.
Basic CAD knowledge is required but beginner CAD users should easily be able to follow along and even experienced CAD users will likely learn something new. Every Excel function needed to automate CAD is covered. CAD automation is often associated with high-cost CAD packages, but the approach taken in this course is affordable to all small businesses and even individuals. The software used in this course can generally be run on most computers and requires no special hardware requirements. FREE 30 day trial versions are available for both CAD packages. See system requirements for each within the respective website.
Real world examples and practical applications are shown so you can take the knowledge gained and apply it to your day to day working life. All content has been compiled by a CAD user, for the CAD user.
Who this course is for:
- Draftsight or AutoCAD users wanting to automate tasks or drawings
- Any CAD user wanting to learn how to automate drawings
- Anyone wanting to learn Excel functions
I have worked as a draftsperson / CAD operator since 2008 using multiple CAD packages along the way. I’ve worked with DraftSight, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor and some CAD packages you probably never heard of. My experience revolves around the construction & manufacturing industries. I have been involved in some of the largest commercial, retail & residential developments throughout southern Africa. I’ve trained numerous CAD operators, worked with people on all levels from unskilled labour to highly qualified engineers and understand the challenges that CAD users face getting drawings out efficiently.