C Programming For Beginners
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Master C programming concepts from the ground up
- Use the source code examples to learn step-by-step
- Understand the special features of C: pointers, header files, null-terminated strings, buffers, IO
- Videos explain everything in minute detail
- Read the supplied eBook, The Little Book Of C, to explore the topics in even more depth
- Test your understanding with end-of-section quizzes
C is an important cross-platform programming language. In this video, I provide a quick introduction to the language and how to learn it using this course.
In order to write C programs you will need a suitable editor or IDE (Integrated Development Environment). Here are a few suggestions…
This is a PDF document containing answers to a number of common questions that have been asked by students. Please download and read this BEFORE asking any questions in one of the discussion threads.
Please note that I cannot deal with technical issues relating to CodeLite. You should post question on CodeLite in the CodeLite forum: https://forums.codelite.org/
Here I take a look at a simple program that just displays “Hello world” and discover that even a few lines of C code illustrate a number of important features of the C language.
C lets you define your own named types. This makes it possible to create type names for everything from an int to a string to a custom record or struct.
- A C compiler and code editor (both are available free)
The fastest, easiest way to learn to program C on a Mac or Windows. This course will teach you to program the C language from the ground up. You will learn everything from the very fundamentals of programming right through to the complexities of pointers, addresses and File IO. Maybe you've tried to master C before but failed. Or maybe you are new to C or new to programming. If so, this is the course for you!
C is one of the most important of all programming languages. It is used to program desktop applications, compilers, tools and utilities and even hardware devices. The C language is fast and efficient – but it can be hard to learn. Unless you use this course. This course begins with a gentle introduction to C but quickly moves on to explain some of its most confusing features: everything from C's 'scoping' rules to the curious connection between arrays and memory addresses. By the end of the course you will have a deep understanding both of the C language itself and also of the underlying 'architecture' of your computer.
What you will learn:
- The fundamentals of programming – from the ground up
- How to program on a Mac or on Windows
- The nitty-gritty details of the C language
- Advanced topics such as memory allocation, the stack and heap, and binary file IO
Who should take the course
- Beginners – if you've never coded before, you can learn C step by step
- Programmers switching to C from some other language such as Java, Ruby or Python
- Cross-platform developers – there are C compilers for all major operating systems
- Anyone who needs to program C++ or Objective-C. The C language is the place to start
- Newcomers to programming
- Programmers of other languages who want a fast way into C
- Anyone who needs to master C as a basis for using C++ or Objective-C