C Programming Language STEP by STEP - Part 1
- Know basic arithmetic
- Be mentally ready to a step-by-step building of understanding rather than jumping straight to coding
- Having privileges to install software on your computer is optional
- Be able to type in English
The uniqueness of C is in the ability to operate directly upon the computer memory. However, this strength is often looked upon as something intimidating, for both programmers of other languages and total beginners.
However, any language was created by people and for people. In the minute you grasp the mind set - which problems are solved by this tool and how, it becomes part of you.
This course tries to build up the understanding step by step. Instead of just jumping into coding, first "filling in" all the background needed for "feeling" the C language.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner (zero-knowledge) C developers who want to learn the language bottom up STEP by STEP
- 11:24The Very Beginning - Digits in Electric Dippers
- 10:05The Binary Nature
- 3 questionsThe Binary Nature - Quiz
- 06:18About Bytes and the 1024 Confusion
- 2 questionsAbout Bytes - Quiz
- 07:45Get to Know the Family: The Ancestors of C
- 06:08The C Programming Language
- 00:18Brief Overview of Section 1
It's hard for me to decide what do I like more: Learning or teaching.
More than 20 years I have my hands on the keyboard. At the age of 15, I began my Bsc in Mathematics in Tel-Aviv University and graduated with honors at the age of 19. Over time I've specialized in research and development of math-related algorithms.
Throughout all the way, along with the professional occupation, I've also taught math and computer science.
For making the courses as fun as possible, I've let some hobbies of mine, like drawing and storytelling, to find their way inside.
I hope you'll enjoy the courses and benefit from them. I'll be glad to hear any comments or suggestions about how to make my courses even better.