Byzantine Iconography Series 4: Drawing the Full Figure (P3)
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will learn to draw the garments of Imperial Saints, Martyrs and Holy Unmercenaries in frontal poses.
- Basic rules of composition for drawing an icon with two figures.
- Students should have completed Series 1 (Drawing the Face)
- Series 3: Garment Basics
- Series 4: Drawing the Full Figure (P1)
In this course, Part 3 of Series 4, we will continue to draw full figure Saints and their garments, by putting into practice what was learned in the series on Garment Basics. We will also go more in depth into the use of the transverse principle in created rhythm and harmony in our figures as well as how it is used in composing icons of more than one figure.
In section one we will be studying the garments of Imperial and Noble Saints.
In Section two we will learn to draw the garments of the martyrs.
Finally, in Section 3 we will draw the garments of the Unmercenary Saints and learn basic rules of composition for drawing two figures together.
Required Materials: Pencil, paper and eraser.