Buying Property - Tips & Tactics when Moving Home
What you'll learn
- How to research, plan, negotiate and purchase a property including survey interpretation, negotiation tactics, timing and much more
- As a Practising Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) I use various online resources to find information about a property or location, I'll be sharing these and other information with students.
- Students will learn about timing of a purchase and how this can determine not only price paid, but the success of the purchase.
- I'll be providing insider tips, tricks and guidance in respect of negotiations and ways to approach this aspect of the purchase for success
- Students will learn about different types of surveys and how to interpret these reports to gain an advantage in negotiations and to reduce the risks
- The course provides loads of useful tools and templates, including a Move Planner, Cost/Benefit Analysis, Budget sheets, etc.
- The course has been created to help novice or expert property buyers learn more about the process from a Practising Chartered Surveyor with many years experience in the field.
This course has been created to help those involved in the buying of property, focused on residential property but with information that can be relevent to any type of property purchase, understand the process and gain invaluable INSIDER TIPS & GUIDANCE on the property buying process.
As a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and formerly a Bricklayer/Building contractor I have over 35 years experience in the property and construction industry, currently running my own small property surveying business in the South of England.
This course has been created to help those involved in the property buying process understand this from my perspective and provides loads of useful tips, guidance and information that property buyers will find useful and that is not available in books.
I discuss the tools I use daily to research properties and a property buying using these could save potentially thousands of pounds, along with saving time and stress.
The course lectures include:
- Financial Considerations
- Motivation & Timing
- Property Types, Age & Tenure
- Property Prices
- Site History
- Local Area Considerations
- Property & Grounds
- Vendor Questions
- Methodology for Viewings
- Information & Evidence
- Post Survey
- Offers & Counter Offers
Process of Buying
- Legals or Survey First?
- Moving Planning
- Personal Situation
- Types of Survey
- RICS Level 1 Condition Reports
- RICS Level 2 Homebuyer Survey Reports
- RICS Level 3 Building Survey Reports
- Defect Reporting & Analysis
- Further reports & how to deal with them
- Valuations & challenges
- Client Management
Who this course is for:
- People who are interested in finding out inside tips, tricks and guidance in respect of buying a property
- Students will learn valuable information about negotiation tactics, defects and reporting, surveys, etc... tailored to help save them time, money and stress when moving home
I am a former bricklayer and have worked in the construction and property industry for nearly 40 years now. I returned to study at age 28 and am now a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and Fellow of the Association of Building Engineers (FCABE), along with various other qualifications.
I have worked at a Senior Management level for HSBC Bank Plc, NCP, London Scottish Bank Plc, Macquarie Bank, along with others and now run my successful property surveying and consultancy practice on the South Coast of England, United Kingdom.