English for Business and Law - Commercial Law
What you'll learn
- Essential legal and business language to improve English skills in the workplace or in university study.
- Key English vocabulary that business and law students must know.
- Reading skills developed through exercises based on real legal texts.
- Listening skills improved by responding to dialogs between lawyers and clients.
- Nothing! Designed for intermediate English language learners, but no specific prerequisites.
This course develops business and legal English vocabulary, legal reading skills and listening. The course covers the three most important kinds of business structures: sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations. There are several lectures, and there are also many activities so you can really practise and improve your business and legal English quickly. These include:
Vocabulary development quizzes and tests. We identify the key words for this topic and practice them many times in different legal situations. This is a fast way to increase your understanding of business and legal vocabulary.
Listening to lawyers give advice to clients about their business and legal needs. With comprehension exercises to assist in your understanding of these conversations and how legal English is used.
Listening to clients discuss their business problems. With comprehension exercises to focus your attention on the key ideas.
Reading contracts related to the three business types. With activities to help you understand these legal documents.
Links to online apps like Quizlet where you can further practice the vocabulary in this course.
This course will also be very useful for anyone preparing for English exams such as IELTS or TOEFL as it focuses on developing important academic vocabulary, listening and reading skills that are vital to score well in these tests.
Join "English for Business and Law - Legal Business Structures". It's the fastest way to improve your business and legal English. And look out for other business and legal English courses by Engliscape, including Contract Law and Intellectual Property Law.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for anyone developing and improving their English language who studies or works in business or law.
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of commercial law relating to different business structures.
I have taught legal and business English for the last 25 years in businesses and universities in six different countries. Over that time I have developed courses that help learners to gain new language skills fast. In my courses we focus on the key English vocabulary and essential reading and listening skills that you need to be successful in work or study.