What you'll learn
- students will expand their vocabulary in the field of commercial negotiation
- students will learn typical commercial language structures and expressions
- A2 + Italian level is required, at least conversational
Hello and welcome to this business Italian course
My name is Stefano Rastelli, I am a language teacher and language mediator
This course is structured in a very simple way
In the first part we will see everything related to the oral language in the context of commercial negotiation (dialogues relating to how to make an appointment on the phone, the first meeting, the steps of a commercial negotiation and we will see what the so-called 4As of Made in Italy are)
In the second part we will see some commercial letters in Italian (for example the order letter, the information request letter, the complaint letter etc.)
The whole course will be in Italian, but don't worry! Each topic I explain, has the English translation, take a look at the trial lessons!
For each single text we will see the words you may not know, with an example sentence
And then we read the text, where I will explain the parts that could be unclear.
Who this course is for:
- people who want to improve their knowledge of Italian in a working and formal environment
- people who work (or want to work) in the commercial sector
- aspiring interpreters and translators in the commercial sector
- Italian language students in high schools and universities
- entrepreneurs dealing with the Italian market
My name is Stefano Rastelli, I'm Italian, I work as a language teacher, language coach and interpreter in public and private sectors.
I'm graduated in Language Mediation. I studied Spanish, English, German and Mandarin Chinese.
For several years I have been studying how to learn new languages at the university and on my own.
My greatest teachers, mentors and motivators were and are the most famous polyglots: Luca Lampariello, Steve Kaufman, Lýdia Machová, Benny Lewis etc.
they taught me how to learn more easily and effectively. I'm very grateful for that.