Business Intelligence with Microstrategy 10 Analytics
What you'll learn
- Understand the components and main functionality of Microstrategy and Microstrategy 10.
- Load data from different sources (ODBC, Web files, Salesforce etc.) to your Microstrategy application.
- Manage data within your Microstrategy Application
- Build applications within Microstrategy 10 Desktop
- Build visualizations within your Microstrategy application.
- Data Storytelling and sharing insights.
- Basic knowledge of Business Intelligence and Visualization.
- Some experience with Visualization tools would be helpful, but not required.
Learn the essentials of Microstrategy 10 through this step-by-step tutorial. This course takes you through the basics of Microstrategy , how to integrate your application with different data sources, manage data, build visualizations and sheets and share your insights with visual Data Stories!
..Learn to build dashboards with Microstrategy 10 from scratch!
..Learn some of the most common mistakes made when building building sheets and visualizations..
..Forget about reports and presentations, learn more about Data Storytelling
The course contains training materials, where you can practice, apply your knowledge and build an app from scratch. The training materials are provided in an Excel file that you can download to your computer. Each module also ends with a short quiz and there is a final quiz at the end of the course.
After completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Good luck and hope you enjoy the course.
Basic knowledge of Business Intelligence and Visualization.
Some experience with Visualization tools would be helpful, but not required.
The course consists of the following modules:
Introduction, Installation and Setup
Data Loading - Basic Concepts
Data Loading - Exercises
Build Dashboards- Visualizations
Build Dashboards - Exercises
Data Storytelling and Sharing Insights - Presenting Insights
Data Storytelling and Sharing Insights - Exercises
Who should follow this course?
Students that want to learn the basics of Microstrategy 10
Business Analysts and Designers who are already familiar with other visualization tools and want to learn Microstrategy.
Managers considering using Microstrategy within their organization.
Who this course is for:
- Students that want to learn the basics of Microstrategy
- Business Analysts and Designers who are already familiar with other visualization tools and want to learn Microstrategy.
- Managers considering using Microstrategy within their organization.
- Anyone who has used Microstrategy before and considers using Microstrategy.
Hi there. My name is Lorenz, I am a BI consultant with several years of experience working as a developer, system engineer and functional analyst, mainly in the Business Intelligence domain.
I have worked for clients within the Energy and Financial sector, and have been involved in the roll-out of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse projects and the implementation of BI solutions.
As an instructor, I want to share my knowledge and experience in BI and Data Visualization software. During these courses, I will explain the basic concepts, but also tips and tricks for creating Visualizations and Reports that best suit your purpose or the purpose of your end-user.
- Business Intelligence and Reporting (SAP Business Objects, Jasperreports)
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and Automation
- Data Visualization (Qliksense, Microstrategy, Spotfire)
- Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Data Quality
- Python, Bash/Shell scripting
Course approach: Practice!
On average each course consists of 4-8 modules. Each of the courses contain exercises at the end of the module, which allow you to practice. The courses heavily focus on exercises and practicing.
If you would like to learn about one of these topics, please check out the available courses.