Business Intelligence Solutions with Qlik Sense
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop an intuitive and informative dashboard with the appropriate depth of interactivity using Qlik Sense.
- Display data in maps, charts, and text across multiple sheets.
- Apply set analysis to your data in Qlik Sense expressions.
- Add security in your Qlik Sense applications for better data protection.
- Fix real-world issues you face, such as synthetic keys while loading your data .
- Modify data in existing tables to obtain values required for your dashboard design as per business requirements.
- Transform data to generate new columns and achieve desired outcomes on the dashboard.
- Understand the use and benefits of including Preceding Load and Mapping Load in your data model.
How to create an app in Qlik Sense?
Log in to Qlik Sense
Click on the "Create new App button"
Understand what the different components of the Data Load Editor in Qlik Sense are. While there may be a number of ways to load data into Qlik Sense, yet Data Load Editor is most preferred.
• Take a look at all different options on the Data Load Editor Window
• Look at where you find connectors to different data sources and how you might want to better organize your script
In this video, we will perform basic transformations in Qlik Sense, and see how can we rename columns or perform simple calculations.
• Make a change in the column name using the select data window or
• Change the name of a column in the script
• Perform a simple calculation in the script
What are the rules while loading data into Qlik Sense?
• Only one key column between 2 tables the name of the columns to be exactly the same?
• Connect to a data source is the first step towards loading data, a simple example of this is covered here, another in section 4
• Load the data available with your connection, in this example we see loading excel and csv, more data file types in section 4
In our data model, calculations can be done by designers on the dashboard, but as a developer there are some changes that you can make to be able to help calculate certain values.
• Learn how to add a counter /variable that can be used by the designer
• Go through a simple example on the dashboard on using the counters
- A basic understanding of BI concepts is all you need to get started with this course.
Qlik Sense is business intelligence (BI) and visual analytics platform that supports a range of use cases all within a scalable, governed framework. It not only allows you to create interactive reports and dashboards with stunning charts and graphs but also prepares you to be an expert in your organization when it comes to designing BI solutions using Qlik Sense.
This course takes a practical and incremental approach. It helps you master all the advanced Business Intelligence capabilities of Qlik Sense to debug common issues and optimize your data model. It will first teach you how to connect your Data with Qlik Sense & create your own Qlik Sense app. Then you'll learn to build your own dashboard by adding different functionalities, perform analyses, and secure your data in Qlik Sense. Moving further you be learning to create a data model to achieve optimized performance, including how to load data from different data sources & much more. Finally, you will be mastering the art of creating dashboards that are not only visually appealing and accurate but also very informative and a BIG bonus to your team while making those tough decisions.
Contents and Overview
This training program includes 2 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Learn Qlik Sense Dashboard Development starts by connecting your Data with Qlik Sense and will create your own Qlik Sense app. You will see how to add data from popular spreadsheet applications MS Excel and work with Qlik Sense components such as charts, list boxes, input boxes, and Text objects. You'll build your own dashboard by adding different functionalities, perform analyses, and secure your data in Qlik Sense. By the end of the course, you will able to analyze data and make business decisions faster.
The second course, Mastering Qlik Sense we look at everything that goes into creating a data model to give you the most optimized performance, including how to load data from different data sources, fix synthetic keys, and other issues. Also included are topics such as creating link tables, the master calendar script, and applying set analysis to your data. Thus, you will master the art of creating dashboards that are not only visually appealing and accurate but also very informative and a BIG bonus to your team while making those tough decisions.
About the Authors:
Abhishek Agarwal has 12+ years of experience in developing analytical solutions. He is a seasoned BI professional with expertise in multiple technologies. He has been teaching BI technologies for the past 5+ years and has worked in a similar domain. He uses QlikView, Power BI, Tableau, and a couple of other technologies for end-to-end analytical solution development in his current work.
Colibri is a technology consultancy company founded in 2015 by James Cross and Ingrid Funie. The company works to help its clients navigate the rapidly changing and complex world of emerging technologies, with deep expertise in areas such as Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Cloud Computing. Over the past few years, they have worked with some of the world's largest and most prestigious companies, including a tier 1 investment bank, a leading management consultancy group, and one of the World's most popular soft drinks companies, helping each of them to better make sense of its data, and process it in more intelligent ways. The company lives by its motto: Data -> Intelligence -> Action.
Diksha Bhosle is a versatile trainer from Colibri Digital. She has over 12 years' experience and has trained in a number of different technologies including Microsoft, CRM, Marketing Applications and of course Qlik Sense and Qlik View. Having worked with Qlik Technologies for a few years she has in-depth knowledge and understanding of both Qlik View and Qlik Sense. After a number of interactions with Various Qlik Sense customers, she has gained a deeper understanding of common issues faced by customers.
- This course is for Business analysts, Business Intelligence professionals and Data Analysts or anyone who just wants to get started with Qlik Sense become experts in using Qlik Sense.