Business information system: Design, Approach and Components
What you'll learn
- Overview about system analysis and design
- Recent trends in web development & tools from full stack development prespective
- Whats are Devops tools - Git, Jenkins,dockets and an overview
- Overview about Entreprise Resource planing - On premise and Cloud
- Cloud technology - Saas, Pass, Iaas
- Overview about Datawarehousing and Business intelligence
- Basic understanding on Computer, Internet.
A course designed and structured to provide the learner to get an understanding about Business infomation system.
Some Business system are used in collection of data (transactions) while some are used in analysis. Buiding these systems required programming tools and has different architecture too. This course provides you overview details about the same,so that you would appreciate and understand the concepts, tecnology and key components as well.
The course covers:
What is Information system?
Types of information system
• By Organization Pyramid.
• By Tabular format.
Architectural overview of Information system – OLTP and OLAP.
System Analysis and Design
• UML use case – why and how to create & use it?
• Business /data flows & ER diagram – Data base design prespective.
• Object oriented analysis and design.
Recent trends in Web application development.
What is full stack development and associated software tools.
Cloud development – Devops tools overview – Git, Jenkins and dockers
Enterprise Resource planning overview – cloud and On-premises.
Cloud technology offerings – Saas, Paas, Iaas
Data warehousing and Business intelligence – DSS.
•Star and snowflake schema.
•Fact and dimension tables
Who this course is for:
- Students of Managements & Engineering
- Information technology consultants who wish to have big picture about Business information systems
- Business Analyst , Sales consultants and Project managers who wish to have big pictue about Business Information Systemscommerce, business to wish to understand about different Information System
- Any one with knowledge on computer, commerce, business to wish to understand about different Information System
Having over 25 + years of IT industry experience (Product development, Consulting & Training).
His last engagement was with Oracle India (initially with consulting and then with Oracle university) , which was for more than 12 years. Prior to this, had worked with Cap Gemini (formerly iGate Global Solution), GE to name a few.
Had managed projects and programs in Enterprise Resource Planning and Business Intelligence implementations in the range of 3000 man days with revenue about 6mil US$ per year. These projects are on industry domains, such as Oil and Gas, Process Manufacturing, Hi-Tech Retail & Telecom across the globe.
Was awarded with "pace setter" , "best managed " project awards in recognition of efforts in project management.
He was also instrumental in design, development and roll-out of Graduate Hire program on Oracle Products stack for partner IT services companies in recent times.
Right from college was fascinated about devices and sensor interaction with computer, which made him focus on micro-controller in early 90's and that eventually attracted him towards field of Internet of things and Machine learning, AI these days.
Due to his vast experience, he has crafted varied unique courses in Udemy related project management, Internet of things, ERP & BI, Database modeling and design, SQL, Linux and more importantly on Cloud Infrastructure. Has plans to create more, as his passion has been on knowledge acquisition and sharing.
He is certified as
Oracle Financials Business Process Certified Foundations Associate
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Professional.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Associate.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Cloud Operations Associate.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Security 2021 Certified Associate
Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2021 Certified Specialist
Oracle Machine Learning using Autonomous Database 2021 Certified Specialist
Also certified in Python, IOT by NPTEL (Govt of India ) recently.
He holds a degree in engineering (Computer science) with MBA and a certified PMP since 2007