Business Impact Analysis
What you'll learn
- Be introduced to Crisis Management and Business Continuity Planning.
- Be aware of the importance and benefits of BIA.
- To know the process, methods and elements of BIA.
- To know the common mistakes in BIA.
- To know the myths and the realities of preparing and employing a BIA.
- Basic understanding of the business industry
- Knowledge of the English language
A Business Impact Analysis or BIA brings about the differentiation between critical (urgent) and non-critical (non-urgent) organization functions/activities. A function may be considered critical if it impairs or stops operations of the organization and causes detrimental ramifications for the stakeholders. All of this will be discussed in this course.
It will also give an introduction to Crisis Management and Business Continuity Planning. Modules will cover the importance of BIA, its benefits, needs and reasons for conducting one. The BIA process, methods and elements will also be detailed and discussed. An explanation of how BIA is important in an IT contingency planning process will be included in the course. Lastly, the myths and the realities of Business Impact Analysis will be presented and weighed against each other.
Who this course is for:
- Recent graduates looking to get a foothold in the IT Industry.
- Businesses wanting to implement risk prevention strategies, businesses experiencing internal or external threats to services and production.
- Managers wanting to identify potential business risk factors.
- IT practitioners who need to develop their skills that are crucial, as businesses embark on this massive transformation.
What drives us?
In one word? YOU
You are front, center and behind every decision we make in our business.
- You are starting out in the IT industry
- You are serious about your career
- You need certifications on your resume to get that first interview
For you we created the Foundation level courses as well as the Core Series for IT
- You are an IT Professional with a proven career
- You need to stay in touch with changes in the industry
- You need to continue to show your value to the business to ensure your job is secure
- You want to find out what else would make your IT career more solid
For you we created the Specialist and Intermediate level courses as well as the Core Series for IT
- You are implementing Processes and methodologies in your company
- You are managing a team of people and need to look good
- You started your own business and are looking for template documents to ‘hit the ground running’
- You need to present on a subject at the next team meeting and are not quite sure where to start
For you we created the Toolkits as well as the Core Series for IT
Every Career driven IT Professional needs to be able to afford quality IT educational materials to stay relevant in their job, irrespective of current position, budget or geographical location.
We do most of the work behind the scenes so that you can focus on your professional education and your career within the IT industry.
We see it as our job to ensure we give you the most up to date information you need to succeed in achieving that goal at a price-point that is makes it accessible to most professionals.