Business Fundamentals: Corporate Strategy
What you'll learn
- Perform industry analysis
- Execute competitor analysis
- Apply the Five forces model
- Assess the bargaining power of suppliers and clients
- Understand the threat of substitute products and new industry entrants
- Apply Game theory in practice
- Study how competitors behave: Cooperation or Competition
- Focus on the way companies acquire a competitive advantage
- Study the three main competitive strategies: Cost leadership, DIfferentiation, and Niche
- Discuss the advantages of vertical and horizontal integration
- Learn how to perform a SWOT analysis in practice
- The course is suitable for people with business education and for people without business education
If you want to be a business owner or a corporate executive whose job involves business decisions, then you will certainly need to master three fundamental disciplines:
Management and Leadership
There is no way around that. It is possible to be an entrepreneur and a CEO with an engineering background and without an MBA or a business degree; what is not possible is being either of those things without having a clue about:
The industry lifecycle model and its four stages: Introduction, Growth, Maturity, and Decline
Porter’s five forces model
The bargaining power of buyers
The bargaining power of clients
The threat of new entrants
The threat of substitute products
The typical company lifecycle
What a competitive advantage is
How to choose the optimal competitive strategy: Cost leadership, Differentiation, or Niche
The dangers of pursuing a hybrid strategy
How to choose whether to grow organically or through M&A
The difference between horizontal and vertical integration
The advantages and dangers of outsourcing
How to apply a SWOT analysis in practice
These are interesting and important topics and you can’t expect to build a solid business if you have not studied them in detail.
This is precisely why this is an excellent course! Each of these concepts is explained in a clear and effective way and we touch on all topics with the necessary level of detail.
The course contains plenty of real-life examples, which makes it even more fun and easy to understand. In addition, we have prepared a ton of supplemental resources for you: quiz questions with explanations, course notes, PDF files, and so on.
So, what are you waiting for?
Click the “Take this course” button and let’s begin this journey together!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring entrepreneurs
- Business owners
- Business executives
- Business analysts
- Students who want to learn how to set up a successful business venture
365 Careers is the #1 best-selling provider of business, finance, and data science courses on Udemy. The company’s courses have been taken by more than 1,900,000 students in 210 countries. People working at world-class firms like Apple, PayPal, and Citibank have completed 365 Careers trainings.
Currently, the 365 focuses on the following topics on Udemy: 1) Finance – Finance fundamentals, Financial modeling in Excel, Valuation, Accounting, Capital budgeting, Financial statement analysis (FSA), Investment banking (IB), Leveraged buyout (LBO), Financial planning and analysis (FP&A), Corporate budgeting, applying Python for Finance, Tesla valuation case study, CFA, ACCA, and CPA
2) Data science – Statistics, Mathematics, Probability, SQL, Python programming, Python for Finance, Business Intelligence, R, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Tableau, the integration of SQL and Tableau, the integration of SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI, Credit Risk Modeling, and Credit Analytics, Data literacy, Product Management, Pandas, Numpy, Python Programming, Data Strategy
3) Entrepreneurship – Business Strategy, Management and HR Management, Marketing, Decision Making, Negotiation, and Persuasion, Tesla's Strategy and Marketing
4) Office productivity – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
5) Blockchain for Business
All of our courses are:
- Real-life tested
By choosing 365 Careers, you make sure you will learn from proven experts, who have a passion for teaching, and can take you from beginner to pro in the shortest possible amount of time.
If you want to become a financial analyst, a data scientist, a business analyst, a data analyst, a business intelligence analyst, a business executive, a finance manager, an FP&A analyst, an investment banker, or an entrepreneur365 Careers’ courses are the perfect place to start.