- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Lifetime access to six lectures and two hours of content.
- How to make your first impression memorable.
- How to network with confidence and polish.
- Impress your clients with your business dining skills.
- How to connect with courtesy using technology.
- Computer Access With An Internet Connection
- Notebook and Pen For Taking Notes
- The Ability To Download a PDF Document
Welcome to Business Etiquette Essentials by business etiquette expert Lydia Ramsey.
Would you like to:
- Learn how to create a lasting positive first impression?
- Polish your communication skills so you can get that dream job or next promotion?
- Use the Internet to develop relationships?
- Learn how to effectively communicate using the telephone?
- Dress professionally for every occasion?
- Dine in a business environment?
- Network with polish to build relationships online and in person?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, then Business Etiquette Essentials is the course you want to take. Presented primarily in video format you will learn everything you need to know to get the job or promotion or to grow your business and the bottom line. You will build better and longer-lasting relationships. In addition you will feel more confident than you ever have no matter what the business setting.
Who should take this course?
- Job seekers
- Rising executives
- Corporate and non-profit leadership and employees
- High school and college students
- Sales teams
Your instructor, Lydia Ramsey, specializes in business etiquette, professional conduct and customer service and will help you and your employees develop the skills to attract and retain clients through the simple practice of modern manners and the basic principles of courtesy, kindness and respect. Her business etiquette course will give you the tools to take your business to the next level.
- High School Students
- College Students
- Business Professionals of Any Age
- Job Seekers
Welcome to Business Etiquette Essentials: Adding The Polish That Builds Profits. I am your instructor, Lydia Ramsey. This video is an example of what you will see in the beginning of each of my four content sections.
Included in Business Etiquette Essentials are these four overall topics:
- First Impressions: Seven Seconds To Sink Or Swim
- Networking Magic: Connecting With Confidence
- Dining For Profit: Is That Your Bread and Butter Plate or Mine?
- Rules For The Wireless: Offline Strategies For An Online World
Clients come to you for your expertise, your service and your products. They become loyal to you because of your interpersonal skills. They stay with you because of your ability to establish and maintain relationships. "Business Etiquette Essentials" has been created to help you build those relationships while you build profits.
What do people think when you walk into a room... or do they even notice? Help is here! This program holds up a mirror to how you look, sound, dress, and communicate every time you need to make a powerful first impression. Learn how to use what you say, tone of voice, body language, and more to work for you–not against you–the next time you make an entrance.
You will learn to:
Make introductions with ease.
Have a plan before you walk in the room.
Understand the nuances of body language.
Look professional without appearing stuffy.
Learn how to prepare for and profit from any networking opportunity, whether it is a planned event or a chance
encounter. Being comfortable talking with others on a professional or personal level helps you develop more
profitable relationships. Don’t leave the office without these must-have strategies. You learn everything you need to
know from greeting and meeting to preparing exit lines.
You will learn how to:
- A plan for meeting and greeting as many people as you can.
- Prepared and practiced conversation starters.
- Skills for keeping the conversation going.
- Exit strategies when it is time to move on.
- Knowing how to juggle a plate, a glass and a conversation.
You can have your cake and eat it, too. Just be sure you are using the right fork! This fun and informative program arms you with a full menu of strategies that will have your clients eating out of your hand. Manners do matter, so learn how to confidently increase your bottom line every time you sit down with a customer, potential client, supervisor, board member or anyone who has influence on your career or business. Includes how to navigate the place setting, butter your bread, make peace with your napkin, manage messy foods and much more!
You will learn how:
- To navigate the place setting.
- To manage your napkin.
- Determine which bread and butter plate is yours.
- To use both Continental and American styles of eating.
- To order wine like a pro.
- To be the gracious host or guest.
- To send proper thank you notes after the meal.
Studies show that 74 percent of business communication takes place by e-mail, voice mail, and smart phones. When you can't be there “in person,” use these cutting edge courtesies to make a great first impression and to grow healthy, profitable relationships using the latest technology.
You will learn how:
- To avoid e-mail mistakes that can cost you business.
- To place callers on hold and transfer calls with courtesy.
- To correctly identify yourself when answering the phone.
- To manage your voicemail greetings and messages and to quickly to return phone calls.
- To handle smart phones during meetings and other gatherings.