Develop Bullet-Proof Emotional Intelligence for Leadership
What you'll learn
- Describe and define emotional intelligence and identify its components
- Apply the concept of emotional intelligence to a workplace setting
- Explain how emotional intelligence can be used to improve inter-personal relationships and guide self-development
- Identify differences between trait, ability and mixed models of emotional intelligence
- Demonstrate what makes emotional intelligence different from ‘traditional’ intelligence
- Compare and contrast interventions designed to develop emotional intelligence in the workplace
- This course is for anyone with a professional or personal interest in exploring emotional intelligence in workplace settings.
- t is suitable for those with a background in business, psychology or with relevant work experience and for those who wish to expand their existing emotional intelligence skills.
Explore the meaning of emotional intelligence
What is emotional intelligence, and why is it important? On this course, you’ll explore how emotional intelligence influences not only our relationships with others but also with ourselves.
As well as exploring the origins of emotional intelligence, you’ll also learn about the key theorists who have attempted to define, develop and discuss this fascinating construct.
Discover why emotional intelligence is so important
Emotional intelligence is a sought-after skill. You’ll learn about how it’s different from ‘traditional’ intelligence, as well as how it can be used to develop relationships and guide self-development.
To give a balanced view of the subject, you’ll also look at some of the criticisms of emotional intelligence research.
Develop your emotional intelligence skills
By exploring the emotional intelligence definition and some of the key concepts surrounding it, you can develop your own emotional intelligence skills.
You’ll be able to identify some of the central components of this vital soft skill, and how they can be applied in certain situations.
Understand how emotional intelligence improves performance in the workplace
By the end of this course, you’ll also understand how emotional intelligence at work can be used. You’ll examine ways in which it’s measured, as well as how it can be applied in various organisational settings.
These emotional intelligence examples can help give you context for how it is used in the workplace.
What topics will you cover?
The origins of emotional intelligence
The trait, ability and mixed models of emotional intelligence
How to measure emotional intelligence
How emotional intelligence can be applied in organisational settings
Emotional intelligence interventions
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to be successful in their career and personal relationships
- Anyone looking to defeat anxiety
- Anyone looking to improve leadership qualities
- Anyone with an Interest in EQ
- Anyone looking to improve their communication skills
- Anyone with an interest in conflict management
ProjectEngPro is a training company specializing in the instruction of Project management and Engineering subjects. It is made up of Engineers and Project Managers with many years working in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Our primary instructo has a mechanical engineering & management master's degree, a chartered engineer with the IMeche, a PMP and also a PRINCE2 practitioner. He has 15 years experience working in Engineering and Project management