Business English Course - Kickstart your Business English
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 32 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop real-world business English skills for meetings, presentations and talking on the phone.
- Understand the language we use in business, why we use it and how you can use it to communicate.
- Master key business English skills for expressing opinions, making suggestions, clarifying and discussing your job and company.
- Improve your business English skills for communicating on the telephone with colleagues and customers.
- Learn essential language and techniques for giving a successful presentation in English.
- The course is focused on business English for the workplace and requires a basic understanding of English.
This Business English course focuses on language, listening and speaking skills that you can put to use right away in your job. You'll improve your business English skills and confidence in three key areas: meetings, presentations, and telephoning.
The course builds from the basics up to the more advanced business English skills you need in real-life business situations. And it's about more than just vocabulary. You'll learn the phrases, structures, techniques, and special expressions that will take your English ability to the next level.
Business English Pod has helped thousands of learners succeed since 2006. You too can benefit from our years of experience, learning to face common business situations with confidence and skill.
- Business English Kickstart course is intended for intermediate and advanced English learners.
- Intermediate English speakers will learn lots of new language, techniques and vocabulary.
- Advanced learners will develop speaking skills, fluency and overall professionalism.
- This course is not suitable for learners who have only a very basic understanding of English.
Learn key expressions for giving and asking for opinions in both formal and informal situations.
- Give an opinion using more formal (or careful) language.
- Give an opinion using informal (or direct) language.
- Ask for the opinions of others using an appropriate level of formality.
- Move from informal to more formal styles.
In this lesson we focus on the language used to introduce your ideas and make suggestions.
- Introducing ideas at a meeting using polite language.
- Responding when other participants accept or reject your ideas.
- Using tentative language.
- Recommending a course of action.
Learn language and techniques for professionally answering the phone in English.
- Professional greeting.
- Identifying yourself.
- Making an offer to help.
- Asking to speak to someone.
- Asking someone to hold.
In this lesson we'll look at clarifying what was meant.
- Asking directly for clarification of meaning.
- Acknowledging, checking back and confirming what somebody has said.
- Understanding how someone feels about what they say.
- Verifying your clarification has been understood.
Learn language and techniques for making a formal introduction to a presentation.
- Introducing yourself and the topic of your presentation.
- Outlining the main parts of your presentation.
- Discussing visual aids and timing.
- Linking to the first part of your presentation.
Learn language for describing charts and trends in a presentation.
- Attracting attention to visuals in your presentation.
- Emphasizing the key parts of the visuals.
- Relating the points of your presentation to each other.
- Referring to a previous point.