Formal Email Writing - Business English
What you'll learn
- Write proper formal emails
- Follow good email etiquette
- Avoid common and embarrassing mistakes
- Use standard phrases and vocabulary
- Apply new grammar knowledge
- Stay away from bad punctuation
- Compose much more effective emails
- Write better informal emails as well
- Intermediate level English
Stop writing bad business emails today! Learn how to organize them, what language to use, and avoid those shameful mistakes that even native speakers make.
Master Formal Emails Quickly With This Comprehensive Course
Learn what makes an email formal and informal
Writing badly written emails can keep you from getting a promotion, a raise, or a better paying job. Using casual language instead of formal can be very embarrassing and make you look uneducated. And when you leave a bad first impression, it is almost impossible to correct.
Once you've learned what's in this course, you will be an articulate, well-mannered, knowledgeable, and educated email communicator. Whether you're emailing your bosses, prospective clients, or your friends, you will know exactly how to write it, what to avoid, and what to make sure you do correctly. This will make you stand out from other people sending emails because you will know what most of them do not.
Contents and Overview
You will start the course by learning the essential Email Etiquette. Most of these lessons are about issues that are often ignored at the risk of being impolite or annoying to your recipients. The second course section is Email Structure where we will break down the email into its parts and cover everything you need to know about each of those components.
The following three sections are language related: Vocabulary, Grammar, and Punctuation. These are often those big boring language learning topics. But here, you will learn only those points that are essential when writing good formal as well as informal emails.
Each section wraps up with a carefully created downloadable cheat sheet and quiz to test your knowledge. I do want you to learn this, and to make sure that you remember what you've learned.
And once you've completed this course, you will have a new assortment of language tools to give you the advantage at whatever you're setting out to do in your life and business. This will help you build a good reputation, communicate better, and create new opportunities for your career.
For the price of just a few private lessons you get a comprehensive course that would cost much more in the real world. You get hours of training, quizzes, and downloadable materials. And you get support if you have any further questions. On top of that, you have Udemy's money back guarantee. So you really can't go wrong here. Get started right now!
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate to Advanced English language learners
- Business English speakers
- Everyone who writes emails
- Especially those who write business emails
- Definitely those who write emails at work
- Even casual email writers can learn a lot from this course
- If you're an advanced English speaker, you can still learn about email structure, standard phrases, as well as some common mistakes that you are probably still making
- If you're a native speaker, you can learn about email etiquette, email structure, as well as punctuation mistakes that you possibly make
- If you are NOT at least an intermediate level English speaker, you may not be able to follow everything as presented. However, you will still be able to learn some of the presented material, especially what's included in the downloadable PDFs (cheat sheets)
I am a CELTA certified English instructor, professional sound designer, video editor and animator. I have been online since 1993, and I have many technical skills such as HTML, CSS, WordPress, Photoshop, etc. I am a New Yorker, and I've been living in Slovenia since 2011.
With over twenty years of experience in sound design, audio and video post-production, and in creating animations, I know how to make your learning experience more interesting. That means that you will not be watching a boring talking head or a narrated slide show. My teacher training also gives me the advantage of knowing how to present the material in a way that you will get the most out of it. My courses are not just long lectures that you will not be able to remember – they are more compact information that sticks to your brain on many different levels.
As you will see, my courses strive for quality, so they take much longer to produce than most courses. My goal is to help you learn and learn more, make more money, achieve your dreams, and live a happy life. That's my little contribution to making the world a better place.
Enjoy your lessons!