Email Etiquette: Write More Effective Emails At Work
What you'll learn
- Write punchier, more powerful emails every time
- Contribute to a positive workplace culture through email
- Never write an embarrassing or ineffective email ever again
- Save time and eliminate stress when writing your next email
- Apply simple layout tricks to adapt your emails for readers on mobile
- Avoid accusations of bullying, back-covering and discrimination in your emails
- You should be using email most days as part of your work
Do you worry your emails aren't having the impact you'd like?
Do you often have to chase people to respond to your emails?
Would you like to save time when writing emails?
Want to know how to get your message across in an email clearly, concisely and compellingly?
From one of Udemy's top writing instructors comes this short, sharp course on email etiquette. In it you'll discover how to:
- follow a proven formula for structuring effective emails
- write for international readers by understanding a key principle of intercultural communication
- strike the right tone of voice and level of formality
- get a desired response from your reader by following a key golden rule when crafting any email
- adapt your emails to reflect the switch from desktop to mobile
- maintain a positive workplace culture through email
- avoid accusations of bullying, back-covering and discrimination in your emails
- craft a subject line that maximises your chances of your email being read
- create an out of office reply that will empower your team to handle things smoothly while you're away
- proofread your email effectively to avoid those embarrassing howlers
You'll also get a downloadable coursebook, including a 7-point checklist to print out and keep by your desk so you never write an ineffective email ever again.
So stop stressing over what to say and how to say it.
Enrol now to make your very next email as punchy, powerful and persuasive as possible.
Who this course is for:
- A recent graduate who's new to the workplace
- A manager seeking to build a positive team culture
- An experienced professional who wants to write more persuasive emails
- This course is NOT aimed at people writing sales or direct marketing emails
A University of Cambridge tutor. A professional copywriter.
WINNER OF UDEMY'S AWARD 2019 FOR STUDENT SUCCESS
University of Cambridge tutor Dr Clare Lynch is an expert writer with decades of experience.
Clare hasn’t simply edited the work of other journalists at elite publications, such as The Financial Times. She’s also herself a hugely successful copywriter in her own right.
What's more, in October 2019, Udemy bestowed their Student Success award on Clare for her dedication to her Udemy students.
20+ years of writing experience
In her 20+ year career, Clare has crafted copy from scratch for elite clients in a wide range of fields, including lifestyle, retail, property, tech, pharma, finance and government.
Over the course of that career, Clare has honed her techniques for getting under any reader’s skin – and crafting messages that instantly resonate with the target audience. Techniques she now shares with over 28,000 students on Udemy.
Clare’s experience as a writer embraces a huge range of writing formats and styles – including case studies, white papers, feature articles, direct mail campaigns, web content, ad copy, video scripts, CEO speeches and brand messaging.
A blogging expert
And as the author of the popular blog Good Copy, Bad Copy, Clare herself has attracted hundreds of thousands of readers to her own writing. Good Copy, Bad Copy has been named on Copyblogger's list of 15 copywriting and content marketing blogs that will make you more money.
An award-winning teacher
What’s more, Clare has a PhD in English Literature and teaches at the University of Cambridge. She’s also a qualified and highly experienced corporate trainer.
So Clare isn’t merely an expert at her craft. She also knows how to communicate her expertise in a way that’s memorable, entertaining and addictively engaging.
That's why, in October 2019, Udemy bestowed their Student Success award on Clare for her dedication to her Udemy students.
“She is an incredible teacher that has a special unique ability of keeping her students minds engaged and hanging on her every word.” - BRAD MACE, UDEMY STUDENT
Take a look at some of the clients who've benefited from Clare's expertise:
Aberdeen Asset Management
European Banking Authority
European Central Bank
The Financial Times
Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
King's College, Cambridge
Language Centre, University of Cambridge
Mavens of London
Misys International Banking Systems Ltd
Prudential UK and Europe
Royal Bank of Scotland
TowerBrook Capital Partners
Tradition (interdealer brokers)