Business Education: Guide to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
What you'll learn
- Start or advance your career in Blockchain
- Pass interviews for Blockchain-related roles
- Learn solid business and commercial acumen
- Take your career to the next level
- Tell the story of how Blockchain technology and Bitcoin first appeared
- Explain the mechanics of an Initial Coin Offering
- Understand how Blockchain technology works
- Understand how pricing is determined for Crytocurrencies
- Understand why projects raise public funds with Cryptocurrencies
- Understand the mechanics behind the world's largest Cryptocurrencies - Bitcoin
- Get a crash course in Cryptography - a key element of Cryptocurrencies
- Learn the difference between public and private Blockchains and their applications
- After this course, you will have the skills to start a successful career in Blockchain related roles whether it is in financial services, supply chain or other relevant sectors
- Basic understanding of Blockchain. Suggested prerequiste course: Dinnertime Conversation on Blockchain and Bitcoin
Course Update: November 2019
The problem with learning about blockchain is that there is too much information but not enough structured knowledge. Oftentimes for the uninitiated, most of this information may be indecipherable. And it is becoming a big problem as professionals from a variety of industries are looking to understanding the technology and explore the opportunities for their sector. In, collaboration with Antony Lewis (author of The Basics of Bitcoins and Blockchains) we have developed the ultimate commercial education course for professionals and business students to learn all the fundamentals they need in relation to blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and ICOs in an accessible, logical and structured manner. The course contains 10+ hours of materials including explainer videos, lecture notes, articles and learning summaries and quiz assessments at the end of each of the 8 core lessons.
About the Author
The course is based on content written by Antony Lewis, author of “The Basics of Bitcoins and Blockchains”, an essential guide for anyone who needs to learn about cryptocurrencies, ICOs, and business blockchains. Having worked in the blockchain sector since 2013, Antony is Director of Research for R3, an enterprise blockchain company. Antony also advises to the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission on FinTech. Prior to bitcoins and blockchains, Antony was a technologist at Credit Suisse in London and Singapore having started his banking career as an FX trader at Barclays Capital.
Who this course is for:
- From undergradates to business school students to junior and middle corporate managers looking to start or advance their career in blockchain related job prospects
Wing founded Hashcademy to be fully dedicated to up skilling and training individuals for career advancement in technology, entrepreneurship and professional services.
Wing has over ten years of corporate finance and banking experience at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Ernst & Young and ANZ Banking Group as well as various masters and executive education with University of Oxford, MIT, University of Edinburgh, China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), INSEAD and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
We are a group of individuals who came together with a vision to make something people really want. Our mission is to up-skill individuals for career advancement in emerging and high impact sectors such technology, entrepreneurship and professional services. We focus on providing accessible, easy-to-understand online learning combined with personalised seminars and coaching tailored for specific needs.